Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At our Angell Memorial Hospital for Animals, (MSPCA) if you don't own your own home and just rent, you have to provide a notarized letter from your landlord giving you permission for you to have an animal. And you have to bring an approved (by them) leash and harness (no collar) to bring home a dog. An approved (again by them) carrier for a cat. It must be roomy enough for the cat to turn around in. :angel:

My shelter made me prove my already cat at home was up to date w/ her shots before I could adopt the baby. And a whole bunch of rigamarole. Not allow the cats outdoors, no de clawing, No dogs, even though the shelter adopted out dogs too. I forget what all. I guess they have different rules everywhere. Then, I still had to bring her in for some other shot(s) when she got bigger, cuz she was too young / didn't weigh enough at the time . My Vet, My dime, not theirs. Well, of course she can go outside, what are they thinking. And my two are great friends w/ Dx's dog.

The amount of... stuff... that some shelters want you to go through is insane.

A friend on mine and his wife wanted to get a dog. One place they went to handed them a 10 page questionnaire style application that had five pages of "rules and requirements" with it.

They ended up going elsewhere.

The amount of... stuff... that some shelters want you to go through is insane.

A friend on mine and his wife wanted to get a dog. One place they went to handed them a 10 page questionnaire style application that had five pages of "rules and requirements" with it.

They ended up going elsewhere.

I hear ya. My HS questionaire asked if I'd had pets before, how many, and what happened to them. Yes. 10 +. Died of old age.

We should have been told what they actually needed to do. They said they only needed to do a shot, not the feline leukemia test too.

There were SO many kitties at the Shelter. Mina looked like Jez, so we could picture them as a matched set. Plus, Mina did not hiss at the other kitties. We believe that she saved it for meeting Jez. :) Also, Mina only speaks with her claws.

Addie. she is a girl. Three years old and weighs 8 pounds. Very timid unless confronted, but will throw down if needed.

Mina is a beautiful girl! Thanks for the pic!

Frank and Kathy , The two girls and I are very excited for your bringing home Mina yesterday. Congratulations !

Thanks! ~Kathleen :)

They had you bring home an untested cat when you have a cat at home? :ohmy:

I know! My reaction was a little unprintable.

My shelter made me prove my already cat at home was up to date w/ her shots before I could adopt the baby. And a whole bunch of rigamarole. Not allow the cats outdoors, no de clawing, No dogs, even though the shelter adopted out dogs too. I forget what all. I guess they have different rules everywhere. Then, I still had to bring her in for some other shot(s) when she got bigger, cuz she was too young / didn't weigh enough at the time . My Vet, My dime, not theirs. Well, of course she can go outside, what are they thinking. And my two are great friends w/ Dx's dog.

Many years ago, when I was living in Virginia, I went to the shelter and wanted to adopt this huge big orange cat. The landlord would allow cats as a pet IF they were declawed. The shelter refused to allow it. They destroyed the cat rather than give him to me knowing he would be declawed. In retrospect, I could have lied, but they had post visitations so my naivety and youth made me feel that I could not side-step them. If I knew then what I know now....uh, sure....no problem. Gimme the kitty. :rolleyes:

While we waited to get Mina back, a puppy foster "mom" was bitterly complaining that the people who adopted her last puppy never returned her calls. I'm guessing those calls are early and often. I admire those who foster animals, but I don't wish to adopt the foster human along with my pet. :ermm: Perhaps that is selfish of me, but I would not do it to someone who adopted a pet that I was fostering.

Last edited:

While we waited to get Mina back, a puppy foster "mom" was bitterly complaining that the people who adopted her last puppy never returned her calls. I'm guessing those calls are early and often. I admire those who foster animals, but I don't wish to adopt the foster human along with my pet. :ermm: Perhaps that is selfish of me, but I would not do it to someone who adopted a pet that I was fostering.

The lady who found Latté tried to make visitation rights part of her giving Latté up. Shrek told her, "No!' and handed the kitten back, she relented and let us have her with no strings attached. What did she think, we would be fixing kitten teriyaki with her? The most spoiled cat I ever had. Occurs to me she (Latté) is 12 this year:ermm:

The lady who found Latté tried to make visitation rights part of her giving Latté up. Shrek told her, "No!' and handed the kitten back, she relented and let us have her with no strings attached. What did she think, we would be fixing kitten teriyaki with her? The most spoiled cat I ever had. Occurs to me she (Latté) is 12 this year:ermm:

The agreement with the shelter says we can't breed, fight or sell the cat. It does not say we can't eat it.

:)

The agreement with the shelter says we can't breed, fight or sell the cat. It does not say we can't eat it.

:)

Can't fight the cat? Send it back I say! What good is a cat if you can't fight it?

Oh good gravy.

Today we have those hated Steelers.

First of two this season and this one we have at home.

We also have our wonderful niece coming in for the week. Hopefully this is a good day.

I pulled a deer roast out of the freezer and cubed it up for stew. I have a big pot on the stove right now simmering. I will be doing up some barley in a bit, once the niece gets in.

What are you tailgating with today to celebrate football Sunday?

Sunday night football. Broncos at Patriots. Gonna be a battle of the elite quarterbacks. With the Pat's defense riddled with injuries, I fear they will have a tough time.

Now that Manning is used to playing at altitude...he should be running hot.

I'm thinling pizza and wings tonight...Hello, Papa Johns?

Still waiting for the Broncos and Patriots to get going. Watching a Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson movie.

You should be watching the Dallas/NY Giants game if you can get it. It's pretty good. I'm wondering if Dallas will blow another "good moral victory" game.

Back
Top Bottom