Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not me. Had a Costco rotisserie chicken sandwich for lunch. Dinner will be at a restaurant with my younger daughter.

I put laundry on the tailgate, had a ham and swiss sandwich while waiting for it to get done at the laundromat. I was kinda hoping it would be done (football) by the time I got home. Guess I'll go clean out the fridge.

I put laundry on the tailgate, had a ham and swiss sandwich while waiting for it to get done at the laundromat. I was kinda hoping it would be done (football) by the time I got home. Guess I'll go clean out the fridge.

Don't fret too much. I slept through the game for you. Our team won. I only woke up at the very end only because I fell out of bed (again). No damage done. Except to the other team. Whoever they were.

I have in the oven a quarter of chicken and a leg with an under the skin rub of mix Italian herbs soaked in olive oil. I also have a couple of potatoes baking along with it. I will get a leg and The Pirate can have the whole thigh/leg. Way too much for me to eat in one seating. I will also have a vine grown tomato with cucumber slices and torn lettuce. Dressing of choice. I was thinking of turning the baked potato into twice bake. I am willing to settle for just a plain baked one. Too bad son, make you own twice baked if you want one. Does eating in after the game count as tailgating? :angel:

we went to the feast of san gennaro in little italy yesterday.

here's dw and my boy at the festa
img_1387427_0_dcd2d503aef3cc82b48f662812b1ef99.jpg

and ol san' gennaro himself:

img_1387427_1_aa9134c46c2070832fdc30ea2ffb9c29.jpg

Last edited:
Judging by the smile on your son's face, they were having a great time. Plenty of food. A foodie's delight. I just want to know how did you manage to snag a beauty like your wife? :angel:

btw, dinner was street fair food: steak sandwiches on garlic bread with mozz, seafood salad, mozzarepas, grilled corn, torrone, and lemonades.

The video works just fine. I have yet to go to a feast and find room to take a breath. Our North End has a different Saint Feast every weekend. But the biggest one is The Fishermen's Feast and The Blessing of the Fishing Fleet. Usually the Cardinal is the one who does the blessing. That is a total madhouse and is in August. My daughter went last year and asked the Cardinal to give her a blessing and she told him she had brain cancer. She got her blessing and a hug from him. She puts her good health today on that blessing along with the doctors. :angel:

What day is it? Oh yeah! Tailgating Sunday!!!

This week we are at home against the Ravens. This is a huge one for us.

For the tailgating we have some strip steaks baked potato and corn on the cob.

What are you having for football today, whatever your team and where ever they are?

Corned Beef...Go...I forget who we are rooting for this year.

Well, the Patriots can always use another fan!

My girlfriend in Atlanta has a daughter that is such a fan of the Patriots, she is ashamed to tell her friends. Her daughter went away to school in Alabama and they couldn't get Falcon games there. So she started to watch the Patriots games. It makes for an interesting Sunday in her home when the Falcons pay the Patriots.

Spike won a Pats package with a signed football, shirt, winter jacket, hat, Brady Bobble Head, etc. He sent the whole package to her daughter. There is no living with that girl now. She wears the hat and shirt and watches the game in her room. Or she goes to a sports bar where all the customers are Pats fans. There isn't a stat that she doesn't know about the Pats. She has become the "go to" person when something is in contention. She has even had a radio station call her for the real dirt. I do have so much fun teasing her mother about having to live with a traitor. But the best is her mother has to cook a traditional New England dinner once a month in celebration of the Pats. :angel:

I'll tell Shrek...I just happened to notice. Just 15 minutes before I had asked him if the Broncos won and he pointed out they were still playing the game.

Back
Top Bottom