Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The corned beef sounds great.

The pizza was worth the wait.

I bought a new brand, semi-local...odd and weird as it sounds, we had to salt our corned beef. Very good, but it needed salt.

Yay! Payton Manning!!! I watched long enough to see him break the record and then went back to watching movies.

Welcome to another edition of Tailgating Sundays.

This week we are in the 4PM slot so I will be starting some sloppy joes in a couple of minutes. Kathleen asked for them and since she did the Komen walk this morning I suppose I can let her choose this one time. With it we are having chips and dip.

I know the early games are already underway but who tailgated their game (at the game or at home) and what did you do?

The Packers play tonight. I was hoping to do brats and sauerkraut, but Mrs. K wasn't on board with that (quote, "I do NOT want sauerkraut again this month! You've already made it three times!"). Ok, fine. So we are instead having her requested meal: burgers on the grill. Oh, the sacrifices I make for that woman. :ermm::rolleyes::LOL:

whatever you need to do, steve (sneak some sauerkrat in somewhere), please beat the cowboys.

the term "america's team" gets under my skin.

unless you're a dallas cheerleader. :angel:

whatever you need to do, steve (sneak some sauerkrat in somewhere), please beat the cowboys.

the term "america's team" gets under my skin.

unless you're a dallas cheerleader. :angel:

Well, they're playing the Saints tonight. But should both teams make it to the playoffs, they will probably play each other at some point.

I'm not a fan of the Cowboys, either, but Jerry Jones is the one who really gets under my skin.

oh, sorry, i forgot there are two sunday night games now.

who's playing the texas blowhards?

i hear ya about jerry jones.

oops, the boys play tomorrow night. i figured they doubled up games like they do regionally sometimes.

Horrible game that was.

Good thing Kathleen slept through it.

Glad my game turned out better.

Been a long time since we updated the tail gating thread.

Today we are hosting the Titans and I have a fellow Browns fan coming over for tail gate and watching the game with me.

We are starting the season with burgers. I used all chuck for these. I had thought about adding some flank or short rib but people we very proud of their meat and I decided to skip it.

The new LEM #8 Big Bite worked a treat.

Attachments

• 2019-09-07 20.54.11.jpg
    2019-09-07 20.54.11.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 2019-09-07 21.13.52.jpg
    2019-09-07 21.13.52.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 66
It's Vikings vs the Atlanta week 1. Vikings currently ahead.

Had to hurry up lunch a little ahead of halftime as the grands were starting to fill up on various chips.

I made a bacon (frozen) asparagus cheddar/ swiss strata and Dtr-in law brought some veggies and dips. Kids like carrots, not asparsgus. Dessert for later.

The Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots (I never get tired of typing that) will be raising their 6th Championship banner before the face the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night football.

After seeing how much space all those banners take above the field, Robert Kraft commented, "We're going to need a bigger stadium.".

I won't be tailgating except in spirit. I'm cooking chicken wings, roast potatoes and SO made salads.

Enjoy your games everyone!

I know how you feel, Andy, having experienced six world championships myself as a Steelers fan. ;)

I live in Dallas, and am NOT a cowboys fan, so no tailgating for me. Besides, it's 101F today in Dallas. I wouldn't tailgate a Steelers game in that heat.

Maybe I'll go to a UNT (my alma mater) home game and tailgate this year.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom