Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is it the food that is the most time intensive gets talked about the most?:)

Actually the reason this is important, Kathleen knows why - my husband doesn't like to eat anything that is not steak and potatos. The fact that he keeps raving about this Christmas dinner that Kathleen made is because he ate Mexican food. I just recently got him to go into a Chinese restaurant - he eats American, I eat the Chinese. He's very weird about some things.:rolleyes:

Actually the reason this is important, Kathleen knows why - my husband doesn't like to eat anything that is not steak and potatos. The fact that he keeps raving about this Christmas dinner that Kathleen made is because he ate Mexican food. I just recently got him to go into a Chinese restaurant - he eats American, I eat the Chinese. He's very weird about some things.:rolleyes:

He thought I was joking when I said that I was intending to make a Mexican dinner that year for Christmas. Marty likes meat and potatoes with no frills. We had turkey molé, pork tamales, Mexican rice, refried beans, a citrus salad, warm tortillas, fried tortilla chips, several salsas, lots of Sangria, and I cannot remember what all else. I had a huge bowl of Clementines sitting out. At dinner, I don't think he knew what to think but he was shocked that it was not turkey, ham, dressing, etc. but, to his credit, he ate it...and had seconds! I think that was the most fun Christmas dinner I ever made. Plus, Marty is awesome for remembering it - especially since I doubt we could have drug him to a Mexican restaurant. :)

~Kathleen

Last edited:

There's a similar problem in my house...not quite as severe, but getting Shrek to try something new takes lots of persuasion and a refusal to fix something else for him.:LOL:

He thought I was joking when I said that I was intending to make a Mexican dinner that year for Christmas. Marty likes meat and potatoes with no frills. We had turkey molé, pork tamales, Mexican rice, refried beans, a citrus salad, warm tortillas, fried tortilla chips, several salsas, lots of Sangria, and I cannot remember what all else. I had a huge bowl of Clementines sitting out. At dinner, I don't think he knew what to think but he was shocked that it was not turkey, ham, dressing, etc. but, to his credit, he ate it...and had seconds! I think that was the most fun Christmas dinner I ever made. Plus, Marty is awesome for remembering it - especially since I doubt we could have drug him to a Mexican restaurant. :)

~Kathleen

That sounds so excellent! I love Mexican for Christmas! I need to finish assembling my tamales.:angel:

It's pretty cool when the in-laws like your cooking!

Mexican for Christmas was nice.. though, if I remember correctly, it was not on a Sunday, and we weren't tailgating. :)

Mexican for Christmas was nice.. though, if I remember correctly, it was not on a Sunday, and we weren't tailgating. :)

It's still Sunday now and we are chatting at the tailgating party.:rolleyes:

Is this the place for an argument?

Since it is the playoffs and well... we ain't in it I didn't do anything last week. This week is da Bears (Kathleen is a Bears fan) so I did some italian beef. Found a recipe online for the crockpot and put it in last night.

This stuff is gooooooood... oh goodness.. why haven't I made this before?

What are you eating for football?

Since it is the playoffs and well... we ain't in it I didn't do anything last week. This week is da Bears (Kathleen is a Bears fan) so I did some italian beef. Found a recipe online for the crockpot and put it in last night.

This stuff is gooooooood... oh goodness.. why haven't I made this before?

What are you eating for football?

Why haven't you made this before???

It turned out great and was topped with sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms and some provolone cheese. :pig:

The Ogre, is thinking of ordering pizza, of course, it's only 10:30 here. Pizza is orderd.

Later I'm finishing creamy chicken and rice soup...for after.

Frank, share the recipe please.

I'll be watching the Bears/Seahawks at 1:00. But most importantly, at 4:30 I'll be cheering the Patriots on to victory over the hated NY Jets.

SO is making sweet and sour kilbasa for the game and dinner will be stuffed pork chops, baked sweet potato and a veggie.

Recipe Here

I added a second packet of Good Seasons (used the zesty). Cooked it for about 9 hours then removed the fat layer on the rump roast, shredded and let it cook in the liquid for another 2 hours.

Sometimes it takes time to get good food, this is one of them. :)

The meat was tasty, flavorful, moist and not at all greasy tasting.

I would do this one again. I am gonna freeze a good chunk later on.

Recipe Here

I added a second packet of Good Seasons (used the zesty). Cooked it for about 9 hours then removed the fat layer on the rump roast, shredded and let it cook in the liquid for another 2 hours.

Thanks! I'm going to do this one for sure! :pig:

Recipe Here

That sounds yummy. Do you think it could be done on low on the stove top or in the oven? I don't own a slow cooker. I do work from home, so I can keep an eye on it.

That sounds yummy. Do you think it could be done on low on the stove top or in the oven? I don't own a slow cooker. I do work from home, so I can keep an eye on it.

Yes, you can do it on the stove or in the oven...I have a nice dutch oven and will likely do it in there.

Yes, you can do it on the stove or in the oven...I have a nice dutch oven and will likely do it in there.

Thanks PF. I have two enamelled, cast iron, Dutch ovens. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes for you. If there are any tips or gotchas that you learn about. ;)

I shouldn't see why not.

This is kinda funny, but I have never used a slow cooker in my life. Eaten many a slow cooked meal though. I have made two meals in the crock pot in the last week. I might be hooked! :)

Back
Top Bottom