Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's half-time! In the 3rd quarter, we are having crab cakes, corn on the cob, and watermelon! What will you serve today to enjoy with your favorite team?

Looks like caffiene and chocolate...Shrek is taking a "time out.":LOL:

I assume the Pats are playing. It is Sundday. Haven't even checked to see if there is even a score. Will wait for the news tonight. :angel:

Didn't we have this ketchup-on/off-a-dog discussion before? Clearly you men are very confused about the subject - Dijon and sauerkraut (and maybe some melted Swiss) are the ONLY condiments that should accompany said hot dog.
:cool::rolleyes:

Okay, on with the tailgating festivities...you know I have never been to one even though I am a huge football fan? Are they an American thing?

tailgating is only for the brave of heart. I'll just take Ma's Sundays here out by the pool is great.
ma

I think it's game on for me today. I took a handful of chix wings and one boneless breast from the freezer last night. Going to make Traditional buffalo wings ( I almost never prepare this way) and spice up the chix breast with some SW rub for tostadas or tacos. I also have makings for pineapple / guacamole. Just add some very finely minced pina to the guac along with jalapenos, onion lime etc.

It's going to be warmest mid- day , perfect for grilling. Vikings play mid afternoon.

Hope everyone's teams do great today!

There's rain in the forecast for game time so it's indoor tailgating today. I have a small semi-boneless beef rib roast. We'll have baked potatoes and a veggie along side for dinner.

Last edited:
There's rain in the forecast for game time so it's indoor tailgating today. I have a small semi-boneless beef rib roast. We'll have baked potatoes and a veggie along side for dinner.

Change in plans. Tonight will be crabcakes and a veggie. Saving the roast for Monday.

I made a pork chili last night. Will be most appropriate with our 30°F weather. Game on and I have a closet to clean.

Another busy week and so I didn't get anything planned. Kathleen is making a crab and corn chowder.

I've been under the weather, so last weekend was an Italian submarine sandwich.

This weekend, it's currywurst with tatertots, oatmeal bread, and diet Coke. For dessert, frozen Reese's cups. :yum:

What are you having?

Kathleen

I've been under the weather, so last weekend was an Italian submarine sandwich.

This weekend, it's currywurst with tatertots, oatmeal bread, and diet Coke. For dessert, frozen Reese's cups. :yum:

What are you having?

Kathleen

Shrek will be having more Crab Rangoons...I get whatever they are sampling at Costco!:)

YAY! Another Football Sunday has arrived and I actually have, are you ready for it, tailgating plans!

It will be inside as the weather is already turning with the impending hurricane on its way, but we will still have food and football. Life is good.

Today we are doing wings with Frank's (no not mine) wing sauce. Some blue cheese dressing and celery and we will have tailgating goodness. I might even toss some tots in... might....

The Chargers are in town, Philip Rivers is horrible east of the Mississippi river in October and I am hopeful.

Whatcha eating to celebrate football Sunday?

The Patriots and Rams are as far East as two NFL teams ever go. We remain hopeful our New England team will start to play like winners.

I am speed thawing a large whole chicken to be roasted after the game. We will have pilaf and a veggie along side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom