Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today is a veg out day. We spent the last two days getting ready for a dinner party last night and it didn't end until after midnight. So other than doing the dishes from yesterday, not much going on. Lunch and dinner will be leftovers.

Here's hoping the Patriots bounce back from the embarrassment at the hands of the Jets and take advantage of the lowly Buffalo Bills.

Oooops, dishwasher is almost done, time for the second load.

Ok.. today it is raining here so I am making carnitas. I have some fresh made salsa (got to use my new FP).

I don't have a good feeling for the game today but at least I will eat well. :)

What are you tailgating with today?

Do you or have you tried fresh oranges and juice cooked into your carnitas?I add them after shredding the meat and before roasting it.

No tailgating...I'm escaping the TV and going shopping! Maybe take my portable DVD player in the other room and watch some movies. Shrek can watch to his heart's content. I'm usually sleeping through all this, so I have to find something else to do. It's weird being off work on the weekends.

Do you or have you tried fresh oranges and juice cooked into your carnitas?I add them after shredding the meat and before roasting it.

Nope.. mayhaps next time... this is the first time I have made this.

It was good.. very very good...

The bratwurst was yummy. They were beer-braised and were good enough to serve at any Octoberfest! I like mine like I like hotdogs, which is with spicy mustard, chopped onion, a bit of relish, and sauerkraut.

The hamburgers were fabulous. Freshly ground does make a difference to me. Juicy but lean. Yummy!

The carnitas was very good on its own. We used the meat in soft tacos. Truly, it could have held up well at any tail-gating party. I love these tail-gating themes! I had a citrus salad as a side to round them out. :)

~Kathleen

Today I have hens on the grill. Serving them with couscous and some eggplant.

Do you grill your eggplant? I always do. i like it almosted dried out on the grill then I marinate it a while
in Light vinagrette.

What do you do with your couscous? I only have made it "Plain" but I know you can add tons of stuff.

Kathleen did the eggplant in the oven with salt, pepper, basil and olive oil.

The couscous was Near East mushroom so I just followed the box.

The hens I rubbed with garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and some salt. Indirect grilled them then crisped them up over the coals once they were ready.

We'll be sofa-gating 'in the dark' Monday night while we watch the Patriots and Dolphins have at it.

Not sure what we'll be having. I may do French onion soup and a baguette. Or just leftovers from tonight's roast turkey breast.

Today I am going to be doing beer battered cod and some fries. Not typical tailgating type food, but I had a hankering. :)

Hopefully some of you are grilling and doing a proper tailgate.

Whatcha got for the game?

The Patriots are on a bye week so I'll spend my day rooting against the Colts and the Cowboys.

SO just informed me she "feels like a pot roast" today. So I have my marching orders.

They earned that bye last week...

You can add the Ravens to the root against if you don't mind. :)

This week we have some lamb chops. Picked them up at Costco yesterday. Going to fire the grill for those. Made the tzatziki sauce last night. A village salad to go with it.

Kathleen is making her greek style green beans to round things out.

The food should be good, the game on the other hand...

What are you tailgating with?

During the game we will share a TJs flatbread with mushrooms and a variety of alcoholic beverages.

We're going to ensure the Patriots beat the Ravens by collective force of will. Following that, we will sup on baked stuffed shrimp and a tossed salad.

This week we have some lamb chops. Picked them up at Costco yesterday. Going to fire the grill for those. Made the tzatziki sauce last night. A village salad to go with it.

Kathleen is making her greek style green beans to round things out.

The food should be good, the game on the other hand...

What are you tailgating with?

I will be there in about an hour or so - will bring what is left of your birthday cupcakes!

Oh, one thing - do you have an extra TV that might pick up the Canadian sports channels....I want to watch my Saskatchewan Roughriders play! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom