Tailgating Sundays!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
During the NFL season I "tailgate"* on Sundays, or before each Browns game if they play on another day. This year all our games are 1PM on Sunday.:clap:

This week I am doing brats. I chose them because I knew we might get rain (it did) and as such I could either grill them or do them inside. So I have me brats braising in beer with some yellow onion.

Anyone else "tailgating"?

*I tailgate at the house, not in a parking lot.

Last edited:
This week we have burgers (ground em up last night) and hot dogs. I am gonna have ketchup on the hot dogs. ;)

I have some chips and we also have Kathleen's left over pasta from yesterday to go with.

Anyone else tailgating?

This week we have burgers (ground em up last night) and hot dogs. I am gonna have ketchup on the hot dogs. ;)

I have some chips and we also have Kathleen's left over pasta from yesterday to go with.

Anyone else tailgating?

We're sofa-gating for the 4:15 game - Pats/Jets.

It'll be a TJ's mushroom flatbread and the alcoholic beverage of choice.

P.S. Frank, ditch the ketchup and go for mayonnaise (Hellman's) on your hot dog.

Didn't we have this ketchup-on/off-a-dog discussion before? Clearly you men are very confused about the subject - Dijon and sauerkraut (and maybe some melted Swiss) are the ONLY condiments that should accompany said hot dog.
:cool::rolleyes:

Okay, on with the tailgating festivities...you know I have never been to one even though I am a huge football fan? Are they an American thing?

...Okay, on with the tailgating festivities...you know I have never been to one even though I am a huge football fan? Are they an American thing?

So it seems. I guess it gets too cold in Canada to spend time outdoors cooking and eating.

BTW, Dijon is wasted on a hot dog. You need to go with spicy brown or yellow mustards. No point in going all gourmet over a hot dog.

So it seems. I guess it gets too cold in Canada to spend time outdoors cooking and eating.

BTW, Dijon is wasted on a hot dog. You need to go with spicy brown or yellow mustards. No point in going all gourmet over a hot dog.

First of all, my part of Canada is not cold....it is wet.

Second of all, who puts mayo, nectar of the Gods, on a hot dog? It is to be cherished and saved for, well, just about everything else.

(It's okay, everyone Andy and I really DO get along :whistling)

Mrs Hoot has to work today, so I am going over to my brothers to watch our beloved Redskins. We are cooking up a mess of bream that we caught earlier this year. Cornbread, coleslaw and such to go with 'em. When Mrs Hoot gets home from work, I am gonna try my hand at the fancy lookin' Ziti Pie that larry_stewart was posting about. Garlic bread and side salad, beverages of choice....Ice tea, beer or my favorite, bourbon, whilst we watch the Manning Bowl tonight.

Yes, I am looking forward to the Manning Bowl myself....after 2 CFL games earlier in the day. Wow, resting my leg is tough stuff!

Now I have just one question. Do tailgaters deliver?

Yes, I am looking forward to the Manning Bowl myself....after 2 CFL games earlier in the day. Wow, resting my leg is tough stuff!

Now I have just one question. Do tailgaters deliver?

Someone actually watches CFL? ;)

I have a chargriller grill. They make a trailer hitch attachment for tailgating, though I don't have one and you can't use it if you have the side box.

WHAT!? The CFL is a soccer league?

Touche, you got me on that one. Soccer is the true football, no denying!

Well, I must go, the first game is about to start! Since I haven't been able to find true tailgate take-out, I am curling up with my bowl of popcorn and root beer.

Ok.. today it is raining here so I am making carnitas. I have some fresh made salsa (got to use my new FP).

I don't have a good feeling for the game today but at least I will eat well. :)

What are you tailgating with today?

Back
Top Bottom