Thanksgiving Day Menu/Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be going to my oldest son's in-law's house. They always have a big dinner and they invite all sorts of people (relatives, friends, their priest, neighbors, etc.). They make the turkey and stuffing, and others bring the sides. I think I will make rolls to take this year. After dinner we all go outside and shoot some skeet. Of course my favorite part is that my grandkids are going to be there! :D

That sounds like a wonderful day Chopper!

My oldest son and his wife will be hosting again this year, but he wants me to bring the dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, vegetable and rolls. :LOL: So much for a "no cooking" Thanksgiving.:ermm: He butters me up by saying I'm his favorite cook. I must say that he always does the best turkey I've ever eaten on his Webber charcoal barbeque! I don't have to prepare (or clean up) the house for a crowd, and we can leave when we want, so it's all good. ;)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited:
We will be having 13 in our home for Thanksgiving dinner & they will all be spending the night as well as they are driving 4 hours to get here. It will be crowded with all the air matteresses throughout the house, but fun. We are making: Turkey, Ham, msh./gravy, grandma is bringing her infamous stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, corn from the garden last summer (frozen) , cinnamon/applesauce salad & homemade honey wheat bread with butter. For dessert all the traditional homemade pies: Pumpkin, Pecan & Ruhbarb custard with heavy cream, whipped. I figure I will stay busy enough to not have much time to eat alot, I'm hoping anyway.

My DH and I will be going to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner. There will be 20 of us, I believe. They have been hosting this dinner for several years. They prepare the turkey, a ham and the dressing, the rest of us bring appetizers, sides, and desserts. This year, I am making a corn pudding and a mince pie.

My kids are coming for a traditional dinner. Turkey, stuffing and gravy, pilaf, cranberry sauce, asparagus and squash. Pecan pie, pumpkin roll, my daughters' favorite Armenian cookies, ice cream and maybe lemon meringue pie (if I feel up to it).

My kids are coming for a traditional dinner. Turkey, stuffing and gravy, pilaf, cranberry sauce, asparagus and squash. Pecan pie, pumpkin roll, my daughters' favorite Armenian cookies, ice cream and maybe lemon meringue pie (if I feel up to it).
Would love the recipie for those Armenian cookies if you are willing to share Andy.:)

We are going to my oldest daughters for dinner. She dislikes turkey soooo it's prime rib,ham in the smoker,and guess what turkey gravy, dressing, from a recipe I got here years ago,a waldorf salad with curry,2 chocolate pies a chocolate cake,garbanzo beans, artichokes with parsley,garlic,evoo,salt and pepper,2 foccacia,bruschetta, with tomatoes,basil,then that great cheese mozz with the cream that oozes out when you cut it, rolls,homemade of course,rice torta, I can't remember what else, but I'm bringing, garbanzos,bruschetta,foccacia,rolls,waldorf salad,gravy,dressing,cake and both pies and the prime rib and the tomato topping for the bruschetta. I do hope this is all she needs. I feel busy,busy,busy.
kades

Ours is the traditional turkey dinner - which by the way is my favorite meal to cook and the eat.

Turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy, cranberry, roasted brussel sprouts, honeyed carrots, rumaki, rolls, cranberry cream torte and crustless pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream .. yum !! :yum:

The "bulk" of my groceries will be delivered tomorrow, & I'll go from there. Still trying to recover from foot surgery, & don't want to "push" it. I'm thankful I haven't lost my leg - yet. This year has been a real struggle healthwise. Thankful for my home (especially after seeing the devastation to folks on the East coast after Sandy. Makes one put things in prospective). Thinking about goung to a buffet (how bad can they mess up a bird! lol - and they prob have ham & roast beef). Over the weekend I may make a small dinner, at my leisure.

So far...

Shrimp or crab & avocado cocktails
Apple, spinach, red onion, walnut salad
turkey
Oyster dressing
cranberry sauce
sweet potatoes (w bourbon) in orange cups
Potatoes au gratin
brussels sprouts braised in cream w/ chestnuts
dinner rolls
Pumpkin pie

I feel like I'm forgetting something. lol

We are going to my BIL's. There will be approx 16-18 for dinner. I haven't heard if Jr is coming or if he's going to his GF's. Turkey dinner using mom's/family favorite recipes. I am bringing a quinoa / broccoli / cheese casserole with a garlicky dijon bechamel sauce base. I haven't made this before. Yikes. It looks close to a rice/ broccoli casserole I make, so it ought to be good.

Cerise-- I just noticed your avatar :ROFLMAO:

"I feel like I'm forgetting something. lol " -- Gravy- and lots of it please :LOL:

It's about time for me to flip over & do the other side, Whisky. :LOL: (Hope you don't mind me calling you Whisky.) Not a big gravy fan, but whatever floats their gravy boats. lol

Love the avatar, Cerise! Hope your foot is healing well, didn't know you had surgery. Take care.

We're going to a cousin's, she was insulted when I asked if I could bring anything, :LOL: Acted like I thought she couldn't cook. Though her mom (my aunt) was famous for her inability to cook. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Love the avatar, Cerise! Hope your foot is healing well, didn't know you had surgery. Take care.

We're going to a cousin's, she was insulted when I asked if I could bring anything, :LOL: Acted like I thought she couldn't cook. Though her mom (my aunt) was famous for her inability to cook. Should be interesting.

Thank you, Dawg.

Back
Top Bottom