Thanksgiving, Monday, Oct 8 (Canada)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooooo! Gingerbread! Did you do the cake? I might do that! Good thought. Dinner is at 4 at CWS's place (that's 2pm my time) so you can finish there, and hop a plane over to my place. Dinner is at 6 here. There WILL be gravy...lots and LOTS of gravy.

Then you have time to hop another plane and come here for pumpkin pie and birthday cake! :D

Last edited:
Oooooo! Gingerbread! Did you do the cake? I might do that! Good thought. Dinner is at 4 at CWS's place (that's 2pm my time) so you can finish there, and hop a plane over to my place. Dinner is at 6 here. There WILL be gravy...lots and LOTS of gravy.
I'm about to start it now--I have to do a bit of clean up, and then I'm onto the supporting players. I have the casserole done, decided to do some ww cloverleaf rolls, so am loading the Bread Machine, and then it is Gingerbread time...stay tuned...I'm taking some ingredients from several of the yummy sounding recipes and incorporating them. We'll see with the DH thinks. If I have time, I'll make a stencil of a turkey and use it to dust the top with powdered sugar. If not, he'll eat it plain. Dang, I wish my digital camera hadn't died!

Addie--Dinner's at 4:00 and I have two guestrooms--take your pick! I better hurry up and make a pie--I have gingerbread for dessert and picked the last of 2nd planting of peas last night.

Fresh garden peas and gingerbread? I am going to heaven! :angel:

Wish you could have joined us, Addie. If I must say so myself, everything turned out perfect. I have a piece of gingerbread waiting for you with your name on it. And, we didn't eat the peas, thought those would be for you. I assume the mother ship will drop you off in your nightgown around 2:00 a.m. I'll leave the back light on and hope the mother ship doesn't get called back to base after take off...(wink).

We're going to kick off "eating season" with a bang this weekend. Having family over on Saturday night for prime rib (sides etc to be named later), then Sunday will be at my MIL's for turkey and all the rest. I never get enough turkey dinner though, so I might do my own turkey dinner on Monday. LOL! I'm going to do green tomato mince tarts, that much I know!

Next week, my brother and his wife are in town for a bit so I'll do a giant ham, scalloped potatoes and I'll figure out the sides later.

How about 3 Bean Salad?

Wish you could have joined us, Addie. If I must say so myself, everything turned out perfect. I have a piece of gingerbread waiting for you with your name on it. And, we didn't eat the peas, thought those would be for you. I assume the mother ship will drop you off in your nightgown around 2:00 a.m. I'll leave the back light on and hope the mother ship doesn't get called back to base after take off...(wink).

Definitely in my nightgown. I hate putting clothes on. I love peas and look forward to the gingerbread. Just let Rocky and the girls know I am on my way. :angel:

happy thanksgiving to all of my canuck friends!

now, if we can just get the overstuffed turkeys that run and play in the nhl to come to an agreement by our american thanksgiving, i will be truely thankful.

Back
Top Bottom