The last time you entertained

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're both invited, should you ever make it to Massachusetts.

jonnyjonny, I have two versions. One for when I have energy, and one for when I'm being a lazyass. Which version would you like?

If I ever make it that far I'll give you a shout for sure:)

Well if your full of energy then both would be nice but if your feeling like a lazyass then the full of energy version please:)

Well if your full of energy then both would be nice but if your feeling like a lazyass then the full of energy version please:)

2.25 lb tomatoes, chopped
3-6 curry leaves, roughly torn (optional, I know they can be hard to get ahold of)
1 quart tomato juice
5 t ginger pulp
1 T garlic pulp
8-10 cardamom pods
1 t ground paprika
1/2 t ground turmeric
1 quart water
1/2 c flour
6 T butter
4 t sugar
salt
2 T oil
1 t ajawain seeds
2 cloves garlic, chopped
light cream (garnish)
1 T chopped fresh cilantro

Place all ingredients through water in a large pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for an hour. Mix flour and butter and add to the tomato mix, cook for another 2 minutes to get rid of the lumps. Add sugar and salt. In another pan, heat the oil. Add the ajawain seeds and garlic. Cook until the garlic turns golden brown. Add this mix to the soup and serve immediately, garnished with cream and cilantro.

The lazyass version follows: buy a large can of tomato soup, water it down a bit, add some canned tomatoes and the spices listed above.

Last July 4th. The whole fam damily got together at my daughter's for a pool party. It was one of the best parties I have ever been to. So much laughter. We were all there to discuss my funeral. We finally decided I would die on a Wednesday. Next day is trash day pickup. A large green garbage bag for curbside service. One will play the kazoo and another a comb with the tissue. :)

Last July 4th. The whole fam damily got together at my daughter's for a pool party. It was one of the best parties I have ever been to. So much laughter. We were all there to discuss my funeral. We finally decided I would die on a Wednesday. Next day is trash day pickup. A large green garbage bag for curbside service. One will play the kazoo and another a comb with the tissue. :)

I'm taking Shrek for a walk and a picnic in the woods on his Birthday. His Birthday is in January...:LOL:

I'm kidding folks, I even have the Hefty bag I will be tossing him in.

Shrek wants a wake...it will be the last party I throw.:(

I'm taking Shrek for a walk and a picnic in the woods on his Birthday. His Birthday is in January...:LOL:

I'm kidding folks, I even have the Hefty bag I will be tossing him in.

Shrek wants a wake...it will be the last party I throw.:(

I told my kids, no tears. Celebrate my life, not mourn my death. And hold a big party dancing and singing "The witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead. :ohmy:

I have two elderly friends I read to a couple times a week. We actually had this discussion once. I told them that if anyone plays Amazing Grace when I die, I promise to haunt them for all eternity. Don't ask me why, but I really don't like that song and it seems to be a staple at funerals. For one thing, I want a party at my favorite bar, not a funeral. And for some reason, I like The Streets of Laredo. My husband says the same but he wants I Regret Nothing (that really isn't the name of the song, but my French-speaking gray matter isn't working)(Edith Piaf).

I have two elderly friends I read to a couple times a week. We actually had this discussion once. I told them that if anyone plays Amazing Grace when I die, I promise to haunt them for all eternity. Don't ask me why, but I really don't like that song and it seems to be a staple at funerals. For one thing, I want a party at my favorite bar, not a funeral. And for some reason, I like The Streets of Laredo. My husband says the same but he wants I Regret Nothing (that really isn't the name of the song, but my French-speaking gray matter isn't working)(Edith Piaf).

When sung in harmony with just two voices and a minimum of accompaniment, it is a beautiful song. I once heard two young teenagers sing it and it was the most beautiful rendition I ever heard. My favorite of all hymns though is "How Great Thou Art." My sister and I used ot harmonize that all the time. She even sang it at her son's funeral. :)

For me (and Shrek) nothing beats Amazing Grace on bagpipes. We plan on listening to is so much we won't mind missing it at our wakes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom