Tiramisu for 35

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Hi, all. I'm helping DH by preparing dinner for 35 teachers/admins this Friday night (he's taking them on a retreat to a state park as part of a graduate class he co-teaches). We've decided on lasagna and the traditional accompaniments and tiramisu for dessert. I've found recipes for cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes and bars and I'm wondering what is the best way to prepare tiramisu for that many people. I'd love some advice.

It just occurred to me that I could make a trifle, a cheesecake and cupcakes and give people a choice. What do you think?

You could make individual tiramisu in disposable cups.

Attachments

• 6965590469_a9fb5f962e.jpg
    6965590469_a9fb5f962e.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 520
I love every one of the items on your menu but... it's very rich. Lasagna followed by dairy based / cheese based desserts seems like overkill. It's apple season - have you considered a fruit based dessert? Cobbler or pie?

The menu also includes a big tossed salad and maybe grilled/maybe roasted veggies. I think DH wants to go with the Italian theme, but that's a good point. I hadn't considered that the lasagna and the dessert both have lots of dairy. Apples are a good idea. Thanks.

I just talked to DH (he was with his Italian teacher/friend/former caterer at the time ;)) and we decided to go with apple crostatas. Still Italian but lighter. Thanks again, Janet! :)

I know whatever you choose will be delicious - it's hard to beat home made desserts!

I served a Costco tiramisu to 17 people last night and had left overs so two would serve 35 easily. In checking the price of ingredients, for me, it was cheaper to let Costco do the baking.

Back
Top Bottom