It's not too early - Does everyone know how to create a link? I LOVE to see menus WITH recipes 'cause I'm just selfish that way - so sue me!
(if you don't know how to post a link send me a PM and I'll give you easy instructions)
Here's my standard menu:
Brined and Smoked Turkey
I smoked for 8 hours and had to finish in the oven for the last 2 hours. This year I will try to turn it half-way through the cooking process as the half next to the back got MUCH browner than the front part.
- just basic with onions, celery, thyme sage, stale bread - different kinds too (sourdough, ciabatta, grain, seeded, etc.)
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- cut fresh Brussels sprouts in half and drizzle ideally with an aged balsamic - it's not a big deal though. Then drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle on some kosher salt. Roast at a fairly high heat 375° or so and watch carefully - mine got a little over-done but they were REALLY good that way anyway.
Peas with Rosemary and Pine Nuts
I can't tell you guys enough good things about this recipe! Pea haters love it!
I usually add a bit of mayo while I'm whipping and also an egg yolk or two - gets them REALLY fluffy! Warm my milk, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic in a skillet - remove garlic before adding to mashed potatoes. But I always throw in chopped cold butter at the end to get them glistening!
My EX-MIL's Broccoli Casserole
Grandma’s Broccoli Casserole
· 1 pkg. frozen broccoli
· 1 can French fried onion rings
· 1 C cashews nuts (broken)
· 1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
· 3 Tbs. liquid from broccoli
· 1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
Cook broccoli according to directions, drain and save liquid. Put broccoli in bottom of buttered casserole dish and layer as follows:
Onion rings, cashew nuts, cream of mushroom soup that has been mixed with broccoli liquid and pour over all. Top with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
Some may say "why bother when you have stuffing/dressing) - I say wait until you try it
Wild Rice Salad
with dried calimyma figs, pecans, cashews, green onions, celery, red onions, dressed with a red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic clove, Dijon mustard, sugar, oil mixture that truly is wonderful!!!! If anyone wants the exact recipe I can PM them - otherwise it's a copyrighted recipe that I haven't changed one bit!
to munch on from the Union Cellar Cafe - I'm sure there is a recipe on the net.
Cranberry Sauce with Roasted Shallots and Port
Basic Cranberry Sauce
I will finish this post this weekend - hope eveyrone joins me!)