Valentine´s Dinner: At Home or Restaurant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
since when did valentine's day become a holiday to only celebrate the woman in your life? isn't it an equal opportunity holiday of expression of love? that's how i've always seen it.

i've noticed this trend in a lot of ads and in personal conversations and experience of late.

if i remember correctly, my first thought of valentine's day was with the little rascals (where i learned many life lessons) where the boys fought over who darla chose to be her valentine. it was a 2 way street, though. love is about what you give and therefore share, not about what you receive.

It's true that it is for everyone to show love to those they love :) Good point!

Home! We've found service in restaurants to be generally horrible on Valentines Day in the past, so anymore we just have a nice evening at home.
So true. Staff is stressed to the max, tables are hard to get, line ups are longer than ever. Just go the night after and they are probably selling the same food as the night before but for cheaper. A place will bring in a special order for Valentine's day, if they have stuff left over and not prepped they have to move it, so it goes on special the next night.....

I used to love working at this one place because he would do a surf and turf for valentines day and the next day we could buy deep discounted lobster and filet mignon because he usually had lots left over......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom