Valentine's Day Breakfast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innkeeper

Assistant Cook
What's your favorite Valentine's Day breakfast?

Last year we made French toast in the shape of hearts that were cut from thick slices of French bread. It was very tasty.

my favourite to make for my wife, or my favourite to be given?

for my wife, heart shaped silver dollar blueberry pancakes surrounding an island of home fries, with lobster meat in the center topped with eggs over easy. side of whole wheat toast, and cranberry juice.

for me it's either steak or taylor ham and sunny side up eggs, side of home fries, white pudding (oat sausage), toast, a big pint of oj on ice, and a short stack on the side.

Last edited:
Those are huge breakfasts BT. Sound good though. I don't think the hubby and I have ever done anything for Valentines. Maybe I'll make breakfast this year. Although I think I'll just make regular shaped things. My evil side would want to shape things like the biological heart instead of the decorative one and quote Captain Hammer's "home is where the heart is so your real home's in your chest" on the napkins. Oh, and serve with blood oranges! Hmm, actually, the hubby might be amused by all that. He'd quirk an eyebrow, shake his head and just laugh. Hehe, I might actually have to do this. I know, I'm weird Marcy.

Those are huge breakfasts BT. Sound good though. I don't think the hubby and I have ever done anything for Valentines. Maybe I'll make breakfast this year. Although I think I'll just make regular shaped things. My evil side would want to shape things like the biological heart instead of the decorative one and quote Captain Hammer's "home is where the heart is so your real home's in your chest" on the napkins. Oh, and serve with blood oranges! Hmm, actually, the hubby might be amused by all that. He'd quirk an eyebrow, shake his head and just laugh. Hehe, I might actually have to do this. I know, I'm weird Marcy.

or "The quickest way to a man's heart is through his chest.":rolleyes:

I like the idea of breakfast as long as it's on the weekend...

I was sitting there at my best woman friend/ ex wife's house watching play-off football this sunday surrounded by a half dozen of her brothers ( at least 3 who tried to pop my lights out when we were younger and probably succeeded and one who is still my best friend anyway and secretly sweating bullets about what to make for Valentine's Day this year.

It was my job to make burgers at a given half time, first or 2nd game depending how it goes. That’s all I needed to think about, so my brain went elsewhere.

I realized it is much too soon to plan this out, except I am the kind of guy who Needs A Plan and it has to be Perfect. The Plan that is. How it goes can actually vary. It's what leads up to the event that is important for me. Is Valentines Day an Event? Probably not. Should we not treat our loved ones the way we appreciate being treated all year. Yes. Do we. Yes, -- it is not a question. Valentines Day is for lovers. and wannabes and sometimes usetobes. why are we Ex's and still best friends. Because we love and respect each other. Prolly because we have OCD or some quirk, and are not on the same plane. or at the same time. So it goes.

When does daylight saving time start and what if it's early this year? Are there other holidays/ days/ occasions that come up before Valentines Day. The super bowl. When is Mardi Gras, Pancake day, Chinese New Year;s and are there any Holy Days I need be aware of. I was never catholic, so it is a Burden with Extra Guilt that requires a Planning Calendar. This is apparently not provided with a score card and a pencil while watching TV Football.

So I actually started pacing about Valentine's Day. At least over a week now. How to make this year special. As a holiday I see it is mid week this year. To have dinner on the day or the weekend before or after. Whix one. Should it be a surprise of a day to start with flowers. Flowers in mid winter are always a treat. No reason why, we could do dinner on the weekend and have flowers delivered on the day. Delivery is extravagant and we are not. There are soooo many possibliitlies. I like to make it a special day. We were married on Halloween, so if anything is expected,it is to expect the un-expected. I have received flowers myself.

Well, I still don’t know what to do. At least I got this part off my chest. And, thank you-- I am not the only person who is thinking Valentine’s Day weeks in advance. So there’s that.

A Valentine breakfast sounds like a terrific way to start the day. How about Texas toast, it looks like it stuffs and you can put a secret surprise inside like carmeliize praliney gooey pecans or apples slices or some-such and make a good French toast. You can stuff it and cuff it and set it in the frig overnight and bake it early in the morning. I like Sausages, so I would like them on the side. Me patties, her links. Making what you each like would be special. Or slices of a really good ham, pan fried. And some fruit or fruit juice, preferably fresh squeezed to make it special. And something chocolate-- For breakfast. Decadent!!

How about French toast in a waffle maker. Practice secret first to make sure they turn out. I say this as I’ve only read this, haven’t actually done it. I make waffles all the time. French toast would be a treat at my house.

Maybe waffles would be a treat at your house. You can ask around and borrow from a friend if you do not have a waffle maker.

Maybe breakfast itself would be a treat during the week and is special. I like surprises.

Hopefully, you all set your own hours so no one is late for work. ;)

Last edited:
For me, it would be eggs Benedict with sausage. I also have one of those toast "imprinters" that has a heart on it and "I love you." (Corny, I know). And, I would dress the table with cutout tissue paper hearts...maybe a trail of them on the floor...or rose petals...

i sure hope you, pag, and pf don't get any bright ideas, considering your responses so far in this thread. :huh: :(

:)
The DH is the least romantic person on the planet. He would die if I dressed the table with tissue paper hearts and had a trail of paper hearts or rose petals leading to the table:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:. Just to see his reaction--it is tempting!:LOL:

i sure hope you, pag, and pf don't get any bright ideas, considering your responses so far in this thread. :huh: :(

:)

Don't worry BT, no real hearts will be used (or harmed) in the making of any valentines breakfast I might do. Hubby and I may not be traditionally "romantic" but we're not psychos. And we have our moments.

Well, since Valentine's Day falls on a Thursday and the both of us still work, breakfast will probably amount a hastily prepared cup of coffee and, if we're lucky, maybe a couple of scrambled eggs with toast. There won't be any lounging around, though.

No rest for the weary...

my favourite to make for my wife, or my favourite to be given?

for my wife, heart shaped silver dollar blueberry pancakes surrounding an island of home fries, with lobster meat in the center topped with eggs over easy. side of whole wheat toast, and cranberry juice.

for me it's either steak or taylor ham and sunny side up eggs, side of home fries, white pudding (oat sausage), toast, a big pint of oj on ice, and a short stack on the side.

What a breakfast with plenty of products!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom