"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire
Warm appetizer ideas?

The holidays are coming up right around the corner. Appetizers are always abig hit during this time. Would'nt it be great to have a place to acess some great tnt recipies??

simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Head Chef
These are delicious - I've made them many times:
Olive Oyl's Treat For Popeye Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms) Recipe - Food.com - 11644

Another great appetizer:
Blue Cheese Broiled Tomatoes Recipe - Food.com - 43913

"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces."
merstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by merstar View Post

Those tomatoes look wonderful. I would never think of putting bleu cheese on them I have always used parmesan, I will definitely try them out!
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Master Chef
These are not really recipes.

Kielbasa slices baked in a casserole and served with party rye and good mustard.

Hot pickled cherry peppers filled with meatball mix and baked until the meat mixture is cooked, about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure you pick a jar of peppers with a mixture of red and green.

Lil Smokies baked with a mixture of chili sauce and red currant jelly, sounds gross but it is very good.

Athens or Apollo brand frozen Spanakopita baked according to the package directions.

What can I say, I'm lazy and I want to enjoy the party!
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
I like bite-sized mini mushroom tarts. You can use slices of white bread, cut to fit in a mini-muffin tin. The filling is basic--chopped mushrooms, seasoning, a bit of cream, baked in the oven until the bread is toasted the filling bubbly (I do have a recipe, I would have to dig it out). Another is spinach meatballs, served warm. I also like warm artichoke tarts. The list is endless.

LCBO Food and Drink magazine has over 400 appetizer recipes. Take a look, there have to be some recipes that would inspire you.

I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote