Wedding Favors Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wannabgourmet

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone! Any ideas out there for cooking-related wedding favors? Not looking to spend a lot on them. Thanks for the tips!

Maybe cookie cutters (heart-shaped?) or fancy mini cake/muffin tins with little labels attached to bows? Or try muffin or cookie jar mixes, or spice mixes, all with pretty homemade labels. Or flavored oils in nice bottles.

Hmm. That's stretched the limit of my creativity already. Oh, one more! Neat, colored mixing spoons tied with ribbon. You can buy lots of interesting ones online. Or whisks or something similar. Think about the things you have or use in your kitchen (a lot of simple utensils are quite cheap) and how you can make them more decorative.

Good luck!

Are these for the guests? Does it have to be cooking or can it be food? For a shower I made the Southern Living Cheese Biscuits and used mini cutters to make hearts and found small alphabet cutters and used the bride and grooms initials for some of the biscuits. These can be made ahead and frozen. Three or four biscuits can be wrapped in cellopahne and tied with appropriate colored ribbon and a tag with the bride and groom info on one side and the recipe on the other side. While this was a shower so there weren't alot it still can be adapted for a wedding.

You can get mini-cheese graters at places like Bed Bath and Beyond for pretty cheap. They are great to use as citrus zesters. You can also just do something simple like fancy toothpicks.

When our daughter got married 2 years ago, she and her groom had some inexpensive favors for the guests. There were about 150 guests and they planned their wedding on a very tight budget.

There were two baskets of favors. One basket had 1.75-ounce mylar bags of ground coffee that had a tag on them that said, "The Perfect Blend." In the other basket, there were matchbook-like packets with a single tea bag in them. The saying on those was, "Love is brewing..." They were well received.

You can find the source for these favors at Designing Ducks, Inc. and scroll down to see the "wedding collection."

I love the coffee and tea idea... very cute. You could even make your own labels at home with very little effort. If you wanted to spend extra you could give everybody a mug (or maybe a little spoon) to go with it. Love it!

Along with the tea and coffee suggestion, you might want to find some of those chocolate spoons that can be dipped into their beverage of choice.

We are going to have a candy table for my daughter's wedding in May. The candy will be in various glass containers in the colors of the wedding, lght blue and chocolate. We have little bags that they can fill with candy that will have a sticker on it that will say "Bethany and Caleb" wish you Sweet Dreams.

One Bride I did a wedding cake for a December 23rd wedding gave a 3 inch (each) gingerbread couple with their names piped on - his on the boy, hers on the girl. We made holes in the one hand of each with a chopstick before baking and then tied them together with ribbon. Then they were put in a cello bag and tied with a similar ribbon. If it isn't a Christmas wedding you could do them as sugar cookies. They were really well received and very inexpensive!

Laurie-- I love that idea! I have a friend getting married next year. I'll have to suggest it (even though it's not a cooking-related theme).

depending on the size of the guest list.
I went to a small wedding, and they gave out gifts in a jar. pint size caning jars with a cookie mix in them and some had soup mix and then some had a taco dip mix in it. on them with pretty material covering the top and name tag and recipe. I forgot the cute lil saying it had. I picked the cookie one, It made only a small batch of cookies, she got the recipes off the internet by looking up gifts in a jar and then cut it down to fit the jar.

Went looking for sites -- here are a few different ones
Heart4Home :: Jar Mixes | Gift Mixes
Gifts in a Jar - Free Projects and DIY Gift Ideas from Craftbits.com
Gift in a Jar Recipes, Jar Recipes, Jar Mixes

Last edited:
My friend made bride and groom chocolate dipped strawberries. The bride one was dipped in white chocolate with a piped pearl necklace and the groom one was dipped in white and dark chocolate to make a tuxedo. She found the idea online somewhere. I will ask her where if you would like.

Cooking Wedding Favors

Hi
I think cookie cutters are cute or there are many other favors that go along with cooking here

favorsdepot

Make wedding cake "toppers"?

You can make cookies in the shape of the wedding cake toppers, bride and groom batches. I saw some ready made cookie molds on Bakeries, Cakes, Desserts but it might not be so hard to do it yourself, if you have the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom