What are you making for St. Patrick's Day? 3/17/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For St. Patrick's Day dinner, do you make corned beef and cabbage or something else?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cinco de Mayo, Cinco de Juno...I'm willing to celebrate something every month!

Well, my "Sally" has her new heart, so I'll be returning the loaner SUV tomorrow. We had filled the tank on the loaner and still have a LOT of gas left, so rather than gift the car dealer with it, we went for a ride. Ended up our St. Paddy celebration was corned beef at a Jewish deli. Guess we were "I-wish" for the day! I had a bowl of matzo ball soup, Himself ordered a side of french fried onion rings (I had a couple), and we split a huge Reuben. Lots of half-sour pickles ended up at our table, too. This deli knows what we like. ;)

Attachments

• 2016-03-17 21.19.27-2.jpg
    2016-03-17 21.19.27-2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 200
Meatloaf!! My wife and I spent half the day making different meatloafs. My wife made a whopping 6lb meatloaf and I made some "smaller" 2 and 2-1/2 lb ones. Now I hope to have enough meatloaf sandwiches to last a few days. Oh..and mashed potatoes, home fried potatoes, a vegetable medley, and sweet and sour beets. With a pistachio cake for dessert.

Good looking sandwich, CG. I might have to go out to a deli also for the reuben sandwich I've been craving.

I'm disappointed - I went to both of our grocery stores Wednesday afternoon, and not a CB brisket to be found. :( I've lived in this town for decades and could ALWAYS find a CB this time of year, even if it was the day after St. Paddy's. I couldn't even go to a neighboring town, because the nearest one is 60 miles away and even smaller than here. :ermm::LOL: Oh, well. Hopefully they'll get some in next week and offer us the same sale price, since it wasn't OUR fault they ran out. LOL

Good looking sandwich, CG. I might have to go out to a deli also for the reuben sandwich I've been craving.

I'm disappointed - I went to both of our grocery stores Wednesday afternoon, and not a CB brisket to be found. :( I've lived in this town for decades and could ALWAYS find a CB this time of year, even if it was the day after St. Paddy's. I couldn't even go to a neighboring town, because the nearest one is 60 miles away and even smaller than here. :ermm::LOL: Oh, well. Hopefully they'll get some in next week and offer us the same sale price, since it wasn't OUR fault they ran out. LOL

Next time ask for a rain check. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom