"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 06-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #1
Master Chef

What are you planning now?

When is the next time you're entertaining? How many people will there be? Will you have hired help? What are you cooking?

Right now I'm expecting ten for brunch. My husband is joking that he will be the only non-Bob there (the men are all Roberts. Strictly coincidental, but it makes you wonder). I'm doing main course, a limited bar, and new potatoes. Everyone else is bringing a course.

Old 06-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We're talking with a few other couples about getting a whole lamb and roasting it over the fire pit. We'll do the whole Greek Easter thing! Yummmers!!

Old 06-04-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Master Chef

Family reunion first, then, Thanksgiving. That is it LOL
Saturday of the family reunion is our together dinner. We usually do brisket and everyone brings a side or dessert. This year, we're frying fish.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:34 AM   #4
Master Chef

On June 14th. I am organizing a chili cook-off at work. Besides the chili that everyone brings we are having Polish dogs, sauerkraut, and all the other appropriate condiments. Most likely someone will bring cornbread and a dessert or two.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:54 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

the first thing that came to mind when i read the title was:

"the same thing i do every night, pinky.

try to take over the world!!!!"

(if you're over 30, you probably won't get that)

our next big plans are my mom's 80th surprise birthday party this summer, at my sister's summer home in delaware. gotta sync up with her to see what she needs for the pahhhhty. i think several dozen realtives were invited, so it should be interesting.

i usually do a giant pot o' meataballs and sausage, but i may switch gears this year. since it's delaware, maybe a pot o' blueclaws in sauce, with mussels, clams, scallops, shrimps, etc...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

our next big plans are my mom's 80th surprise birthday party this summer, at my sister's summer home in delaware. gotta sync up with her to see what she needs for the pahhhhty. i think several dozen realtives were invited, so it should be interesting.

i usually do a giant pot o' meataballs and sausage, but i may switch gears this year. since it's delaware, maybe a pot o' blueclaws in sauce, with mussels, clams, scallops, shrimps, etc...
bucky, you are so funny. The giant pot of meatballs and sausages sounds yummy to me. But I am biased since I not a big fan of seafood.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:17 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

lol, thanks sc.

i should have said it was my mom's surprise 80th birthday party.

wouldn't be much of a surprise if we've done it every year for 80 freakin' years now, would it?

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:28 AM   #8
Master Chef

I should have asked for an after-party report. I'm sitting here looking at the mess and thinking about cleaning up. I actually gave up and went for a lie-down after 7 or so hours and some guests still were showing no signs of leaving. We had a few more than we expected, but luckily we'd given up on the concept of a set table and put out a buffet line with disposable plastic plates, flatwear, glasses. Our "bunch for brunch" started out as five people; this week I had a dozen. Luckily the weather cooperated so we could sit outside and not worry about air conditioning inside. My turn won't come around for at least a couple of months now, so we'll be doing brunch at freinds' houses who have central air.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:35 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
july 4th bbq not sure how many folks will turn out...
we always do the cook out/ then watermelon down at the local springs...:)
Old 06-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom

You're right Bucky- I didn't get it!!! BUT your seafood fest sounds great to me and in the perfect place!!!

Now that we're finished with Den's grad party, it's time to plan our annual BBQ for our friends which will be July 22.It's an all day affair starting with a psuedo continental breakfast,moving onto steamers,shrimp, scallops and the likes-grilled pizza -there will be a brisket smokin'all day on the charcoals,to accompany deep fried turkey and sides of the usual kind (corn on the cob baked beans,grilled veggies and pineapple,slaw and potato salad) dessert is usually drunken fruit salad,assorted cookies,watermelon for the kids.I forgot to mention the various cocktails we usually make for the different "sessions"Mimosas for the morning.Mojitos and Margaritas for the fish segment and pitchers of Sangria for the evening along with a variety of beers and wine.Kiersten offered to make the jello shots this year as her contribution!!!!