"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Old 02-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #21
Chief Eating Officer
LOL more like happy and exhausted. That picture was taken on a flat bottom boat ride. Darl passed out hard on my shoulder. She woke up a short while after that though in time to stuff ourselves with dinner

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #22
Assistant Cook
We were married about 39 yrs. ago in a lawyer's office. After the cermony, we went to a diner and had a cheese omlet.

Zipfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #23
Traveling Welcome Wagon
James and I had a small wedding after work (6:00) at a little chapel, and no reception. A few close friends were at the wedding (my daughter Nancy was there via a phone on the altar!). We hadn't thought we would be able to go anywhere for a honeymoon, but the day of our wedding a few people gave us money as a gift, so we went to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. On our way, we had dinner with 3 of our friends at a Mexican restaurant. My friend had made us a cake, so we had some there and brought the rest with us to Myrtle Beach. That was 3 years ago next month (the 21st).

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:18 AM   #24
Sous Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
We had a simple buffet. Fried Chicken, Cabbage Rolls, Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut, Corn, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.

Later, we had Krakus Ham sandwiches.
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #25
Head Chef
Originally Posted by Barbara L
... That was 3 years ago next month (the 21st) ...
Happy early anniversay Barbara! Our 2nd will be on the 20th - very good time to get married if you ask me .

Our favorite chef in Bandon (Oregon) was closing her restaurant and we were so sad since we were hoping she would cater for our small group (only about 40 people). After a few trips down though, we were able to talk her into one more gig for us. After a starter of her awesome tomato basil soup (I passed on this one since I thougt the lovely red might not go well with my dress!), she made 3 different dishes for people to choose from: salmon with a lemon caper sauce, roasted pork loin with a berry chutney and a pasta tossed with spinach, cranberries and pine nuts. It was truely wonderful (and for those of you who are familiar with the Oregon coast in the spring - we lucked out and had a sunny day. Great pictures on the beach)!
JMediger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:40 PM   #26
Head Chef
I don't remember. That was 15 years ago this June. I do remember the Chinese dragon ice sculpture we had, though.
It's good for the soul when there's not a soul in sight.

Trader Scott's Tiki Bar & Lounge
phinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:15 AM   #27
My dh and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year-we had a small cocktail reception that included mini beef Wellingtons, shrimp, quiche, salad, chicken rolls and plenty of champagne and drink! I remember it like it was yesterday...
jap1148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #28
Senior Cook
Send a message via MSN to funny
Not married yet
funny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #29
Head Chef
I think this is what we had...

fish maw soup
cold appetizer plate: shrimp, ham, jelly fish, char sui pork
lobster w/ noodles & ginger
fried rice
walnut prawns
steamed fish
sea cucumber
crispy chicken
peking pork
crab ball
wedding cake: pandan cake w/ fresh coconut filling topped w/ berries
htc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:38 PM   #30
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
This has ben a fun topic to read.

Mrs. Big Dog and I had an afternoon wedding as well, so no main meal. Her mom went cookie and finger food happy, and pretty much made everything.

We had a small wedding, 3 a piece in the party with maybe 100 in attendance or so. Was fortunate because cost was unbelievably low. Building, cleanup, and pastor were no charge. Church was decorated for Christmas anyways, so we just blended a few extras with what was already there. Not that I think about it, nothing, not even her dress, the flowers, or the photographer cost over $750.00 USD.I bet our whole wedding was less than $2500.00 USD. We didn't pay for any food, but if you figure the ingredients in, no more then $3000.00 USD.

We had a wonderful cake that only cost the ingredients to make it. A guy at church baked for a hobby, and that was his present to us, the cake. I did "force" him to take a gratuity, after I learned that he spent 26 hours assembling the cake!

We aren't at that church any more for a number of reasons. Sad, since we were married there, but life goes on.

Alas, that was some 7 years and 84 days ago.

Integrity & Honesty
have been sacrificed on the combined altars of Control, Political Correctness, and Convenience
BigDog is offline   Reply With Quote