"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking
Old 02-27-2006, 08:46 PM   #31
Senior Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to Quizzie
We had 15 barbequed brisket, 35 lbs sausage,55 lbs potato salad and 25 lbs
of beans.
Brides 3 tier cake and grooms ball and chain. It was a nice reception. 250 invites.

Quizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:59 PM   #32
Cooking Links Contest Winner
Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
orange soda.... after a 2 year engagement, we found out we were expecting, so we eloped, then had a reception back home a week later. I had awful morning sickness. We have pics of me sipping soda and making yucky faces at the sight of my wedding cake.

~ Shannon

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #33
Master Chef

My marriage was just like pdswife..... almost exactly! As for food... lots of finger foods... it was good and too much champange! Whoo hoo!!!!!!! Still married today (12 years!)
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:58 AM   #34
Master Chef
I got married in Hawaii, and we had the wedding itself on the beach while staying some very basic cabins. We all went down to the beach for the ceremony, then came back up to the cabins and changed into swimsuits. My girlfriends and I made a specific kind of omlette (I guess more like a cross between a fritata and a pizza) that features Portuguese sausage, drank copious amounts of champagne and did lots of swimming. Then we all changed back into our finery and went up to a club for Puupuus (appetizers), drinks, gifts, reception with my husband's work associates. It still lingers in the minds of everyone who was there (only a few) as a very happy day. A couple who worked with my husband acted in local parentis (excuse my spelling, latin isn't my forte), ordering all the flowers, getting the food in order for the reception, etc, so that when our parents showed up it was a perfect Hawaiian holiday for them as well. Hubby and I went back to our house that night with his parents, and left the honeymoon cottage for my parents. They were thrilled, because Dad had promised Mom a honeymoon in Hawaii many years before. Hubby and I flew off to Maui after we got both sets of parents on planes and home. The reception food was typical Hawaiian puupuu fare: skewers of meat and pineapple, lots of fruit, etc. There may have even been some spam in there.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:24 AM   #35
Sounds like a dream Roy- congratulations on having it go without a hitch- never been to Hawaii but will go someday
jap1148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:57 AM   #36
Master Chef
Lived there off & on for ten years, and still have many friends there. Happy memories; good times.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire
the clamps were riveted on, then spot welded just to be sure, on mount equinox in manchester vermont a few years ago when we eloped.
then the skies darkened, and an ill wind blew through the town.
(j/k - thank god she doesn't go online often, lol)

we had oysters and a cold lobster appy, brie en croute with champagne grapes, then a rack of lamb and prime rib, and creme brulee for dessert.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:53 AM   #38
Master Chef
We got married on a beautiful point at Rend Lake. The preacher wrote a special service just for us. At the shelter there, we had wedding cake and Kim's Fever Water...don't remember what else.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #39
Sous Chef
It's been 26 years since I got married to my high school sweetheart. We got married on Feb here in upstate New York and my parents were praying it wouldn't snow-which it didn't- we had a rather elegant reception but,to be quite honest the only thing I remember being served was prime rib- I know there were 2 other choices- I just don't remember., I remember the cocktail hour being a lot of fun even though I was alittle upset that my hubby's grandfather had to be hospitalized for in a diabetic coma due to over indulging in the pastries at the rehearsel dinner.Anyway after 26 years and 3 kids we have cooked, baked and grilled alot of good stuff and continue to do so for a whole lot longer!!!!
VickiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #40
Sous Chef
Feeling quite dreamy eyed reading all these!Oh what did we eat? Cake and champagne!I may have to ask the guests at our wedding what else they got served. I remember a soup of some sort actually! Mark and I left just as my father-in-law was dancing holding an umbrella in the rain. It had just started to rain.Evening do was at a friends restaurant, and I remember only those with invitiation cards were allowed in, but this girl I knew in high school walked up to me and said, 'wow, the doorman let me in easy, well I only gave him 200 kenyan shillings' I hadn't seen her since I was 16! I rememeber eating a spanish omlette the following day for brekkie at our bridal suite before we left on our honeymoon to Mount Kenya safari club!

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. ~George Bernard Shaw
Jikoni is offline   Reply With Quote