What do you cook and bake for a Halloween Party at your country?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karaburun

Senior Cook
Hi to everybody!

The days get shorter and Halloween is coming with quick steps. Here in our area at west Germany we celebrate Halloween not more than a few years ago. Your people from the Nato here brings it with.:LOL:

We like to celebrate it. Our family needs only a reason to celebrate something.

So it´s the 31. Oct. two reasons in one: My husband has birthday on the 30. Oct. and than at 31. Halloween. And because of that, we want to make his Birthdayparty on Halloween.

Ok... ok.. for short:

What do you bake and cook for those events?? I mean food, that looks like a real Halloween food.

Do you have good ideas? Perhaps with photos?

That ´ll realy kind of you.

Greetings from

Tanja

caramel apples
chili
hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks
mostly, we would just eat something light, then the kids would go out trick or treating, and we sit at the house, answering the doorbell. eating candy.

Bobbing for apples is another fun one to do.
Actually, you're supposed to keep your hands behind your back. You can also get it by biting into it.

img_852620_0_00a6dd4dceed41b994ead58d0d0e30b7.gif

So are you looking for food that is made to look like halloween things? Pumpkins, ghosts, things that go bump in the night? Or are you looking for foods that are just appropriate for a harvest/halloween type party?

@ all

Thank´s a lot for all the ideas.

@apple*tart

You´re right! I´m searching for food that looks like halloween things AND for my adult guests which celebrate a party.

Here aren´t so much walking kids, who makes "Trick or threat" . Only a few come and ring at our door. Mostly the adult like to celebrate it. I don´t now WY!

My favourite for a good soup is Chilli con Carne + Pumpin. It makes full and tastes good. But I want to serve a few really scary halloween food... you know?!

Greetings from sunny Germany

Tanja

Caramel Apple Cupcakes
I package of spice cake mix
2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
20 caramels
3 tbsp. milk
1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
Prepare cake batter according to box instructions. fold in apples. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Cool completely.
In a saucepan, melt caramels and milk over low heat until smooth. spread over cupcakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Insert a wooden stick into the center of each cupcake.
Makes 1 dozen .

I just have to share... Speaking of chili, and bobbing for apples, I had a dream once where I was at a Halloween party and we were bobbing for........ chili dogs!!! haha! a big tub of chili with hot dogs in it. yep.

by the way, I found that "fingerling" potatoes look like cooked thumbs.

Great ideas!

@ jabbur

:LOL:

I`m still laughing while I ´m reading /looking it.

The cat toilet : GREAT:LOL::clap:
And the blood randed eyes:wacko::LOL:... Perfect!!!!!

@ apple-Tart

These fingers are now still on my list for the party food.

@letscook

Oh, yes ... candy apples: We like them definetly. Here you can get it on each kermis/fair. I think we make some for the kids.

Thank´s a lot for all these GREAT ideas!

Greetings from cloudy Germany

Tanaj

I just have to share... Speaking of chili, and bobbing for apples, I had a dream once where I was at a Halloween party and we were bobbing for........ chili dogs!!! haha! a big tub of chili with hot dogs in it. yep.

by the way, I found that "fingerling" potatoes look like cooked thumbs.

You crack me up! That sounds like something I would like. Have to have cheese and onions on them though.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom