What kind of candy do you give out for Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL:
Oh yes my butt is the issue.

I use Halloween as an excuse to buy excessive amounts of candy. :(

I know I won't be able to give it away. :neutral:

It goes to my butt. :pig:

Hello, I'm Zagut. I'm a Chocoholic. :yum:

Sweet's are my middle name if I let them. ;)

But Hey, It's only once a year. :mrgreen:

I, on the other hand, am not a once a year kinda guy. There's a candy dish on the end table next to where I sit and it's always filled with candy. Right not it's Kit Kats.

I, on the other hand, am not a once a year kinda guy. There's a candy dish on the end table next to where I sit and it's always filled with candy. Right not it's Kit Kats.

Kit Kats. :wub:

You are one of those lucky ones who has something I don't process when it comes to candy.

It's a little something that's called Willpower. ;)

I see candy and it won't see the light of day.

Hello, My name is Zagut and I'm a Chocaholic. :cry:

I got a couple bags of assorted candy from Walmart. They're a deadly mix of KitKat, Rollo, Twizzlers, etc. In the interest of quality control, I've tested and found the Twizzlers to be extremely fresh. And I have successfully harvested almost all of the Heath Bars from one of the bags.

Since we don't get any wee ones, I am not tempted. But if I was it would be Mounds Bars. By the two or three bag fulls. My second choice would be York Peppermint Patties.

Dang, now I have to go to the store again tomorrow and get me one of each. Well, it has been two years since I had my last one. Time to break out again. I just hope they don't have the bag of small ones. I just want one of each. Regular size. :angel:

Since we don't get any wee ones, I am not tempted. But if I was it would be Mounds Bars. By the two or three bag fulls. My second choice would be York Peppermint Patties.

Dang, now I have to go to the store again tomorrow and get me one of each. Well, it has been two years since I had my last one. Time to break out again. I just hope they don't have the bag of small ones. I just want one of each. Regular size. :angel:

"Almond Joy's got nuts. Peter Paul Mounds don't." A distant memory. :rolleyes:

I like the almonds. ;)

York Peppermint Patties. :clap:

Those are really good. :yum:

See you really were tempted and you don't want those silly fun sized candies. :(

I'm with you Addie. It's the real deal or nothing. :pig:

I got the big box of Fuzzy Peaches, Swedish Berries etc. I'm going to get another bag of chocolate bars for the kids I know well. The sad reality is that we live close to West Edmonton Mall and most people take their kids to the mall to trick or treat now. Sadly, the days of running around freezing your butt off for candy are almost over. The ones who DO show up at my door will get a handful each!

I usually get around 15-25, depends on how cold it is outside.

This year I got snack sized packs of Goldfish Crackers. We can't eat candy so I wasn't going to buy any temptation. I wanted it all to go to the kids! Besides, they get enough from others! ;)

This year I got snack sized packs of Goldfish Crackers. We can't eat candy so I wasn't going to buy any temptation. I wanted it all to go to the kids! Besides, they get enough from others! ;)

That's a really good idea, LP! And we like Goldfish. Much better than packets of raisins or toothbrushes.

I grabbed a 96 count bag of assorted candy from WalMart a couple of days ago. Hershey bars, Peanut butter cups, KitKats, and Whoppers. :yum: So far I've only had a few of the Whoppers. I hope there are no leftovers. :rolleyes::LOL:

<whispers> I still have a hoarded bag of Robin Eggs in the bottom drawer of my desk, leftover from Easter...

The candy basket on my desk at work is choc full of assorted...found out my office mates dislike people coming in the office, so I have broadened my selection to attract more people...

<whispers> I still have a hoarded bag of Robin Eggs in the bottom drawer of my desk, leftover from Easter...

The candy basket on my desk at work is choc full of assorted...found out my office mates dislike people coming in the office, so I have broadened my selection to attract more people...

Such an evil child! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

We had about thirty trick-or-treaters show up on out doorstep, some younger, some early teans, and had fun with them all. I had purchased a simple mask that covered the eyes, forehead, and sported a long bird's beak, kind of like the face of the spy vs. spy characters from Mad magazine, but in gold with an ornate ribbon attached to the entire rim of the mask. I put that on with my Jed Clampet style hat. When the kids would come to the door, DW and I would greet them, she with the bowl full of goodies, and me with a deep-red apple. I'd say - "So you want a poison, er, um, I mean a juicy apple?" Some of the kids would say not thanks as they eyed me suspiciously, while some would turn to their parents and say; "I want an apple." To those who wanted the apple, I'd then say; "Go ahead. One bite will turn you into a frog." The parents would go along with the gag and ask if they wanted to turn into a frog. They usually turn away quickly then. All in all, it was good fun for all.

I hope all of you had a great time with the kids who came to your door. In a few minutes, we're going to skype with two of our grandkids, and pretend to throw candy to them, at which point, Sprout will hand them a piece of candy from Grandma and Grandpa. Then they'll pretend to throw candy to us, and we will catch it from the air. I'm looking forward to playing with them, even if it's only through Skype.

Everyone, have a great day.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

My father, trying to be a good grandfather, brings my kids so many candies, they cannot eat, that many. He buys good stuff too. So we usually give them out on Halloween.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom