What to cook for lunch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bandnerd1892

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone! I'm cooking lunch for my girlfriend tomorrow and I can't decide what to cook. I don't have any special requirements really. Just something light and tasty that would be good for lunch. All help greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

wraps are nice. You can use cold cuts with veggies etc in a tortilla, or quick grill some chicken slice into strips and use that....

You can also make quesadillas. Just put your cheese and other fillings desired on half, fold the other half over and flash grill in on a hot skillet.

i would suggest a nice shrimp salad or maybe crab. fancy crackers, ice tea and a cool sherbet for dessert.

babe:chef: hi was eating cantaloupe and remember i used to serve sherbet in the halves . looks a little better, than plain bowl of sherbet.

b

Last edited:
You could do a nice tomato-mozzarella-basil sandwich, here is a recipe for it:
Tomato-mozzarella-basil Sandwich With Balsamic Dressing Recipe
Fairly easy to do and nice and lite. Grilled for a great panini. For a side you could do a nice cold Italian pasta and vegetable salad. This is a very basic recipe easy to do:
Cooks.com - Recipe - Cold Italian Pasta And Vegetable Salad
All light, healthy, but filling stuff. I like Babetoo's idea of the ice tea and sherbet for dessert, but would do a raspberry ice tea or peach ice tea yum!

I think if you're looking to impress her, you'll need to know what her likes/dislikes are and then create a menu based on that. All the suggestions above are great, but it all depends on her tastes as to whether she'll appreciate your cooking or not.

True- you don't want to accidentally cook something she hates! I made that mistake cooking for my boss and it turned out she hated beets... oh well. Just ask her what she likes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom