"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 02-17-2006, 01:03 PM   #21
Assistant Cook

Garlic Bread and Caesar Salad!

Old 02-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #22
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'm going with proscuitto wrapped asparagus spears, as Alix suggested, and no longer with the bruschetta since Tiffany will be making pizza (too much bread-I think). I came up with roasted tomato slices, topped with melted mozzarella, EVOO and basil (what's that called anyway?). What do you all think? Should I serve the baby greens salad too, or would that be too much?

I will go with the frutti di bosco tart with fresh berries Bucktom suggested. But I'm certainly not making the tart dough from scratch! I can never do those. And I have tried numerous times, believe me. You think puff pastry would work, or should I get the pie crusts? Thanks for your suggestions ladies.

I'm passing out invitations this weekend. Woohoo! I hope lots of my guests show up. All of you are cordially invited too. If you're interested in ordering online, let me know and I'll pass along the link in which you can order Pampered Chef cookware. March has new items coming!!! I'm excited!!!

Old 02-18-2006, 09:43 PM   #23
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina
I'm going with proscuitto wrapped asparagus spears, as Alix suggested, and no longer with the bruschetta since Tiffany will be making pizza (too much bread-I think). I came up with roasted tomato slices, topped with melted mozzarella, EVOO and basil (what's that called anyway?). What do you all think? Should I serve the baby greens salad too, or would that be too much?

I will go with your frutti di bosco tart with fresh berries Bucktom suggested. But I'm certainly not making the tart dough from scratch! I can never do those. And I have tried numerous times, believe me. You think puff pastry would work, or should I get the pie crusts? Thanks for your suggestions ladies.

I'm passing out invitations this weekend. Woohoo! I hope lots of my guests show up. All of you are cordially invited too. If you're interested in ordering online, let me know and I'll pass along the link in which you can order Pampered Chef cookware. March has new items coming!!! I'm excited!!!
I would serve the baby greens salad as well for the people who may want to eat a little "lighter." It's better to have too much then not enough, right? And you want to provide enough choices for people who may be picky, have special diets, etc.

Your menu sounds lovely... I wish I could come, I'm sure it will be a blast! Have fun.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #24
Executive Chef

DINAAAAAAA! Just noticed your post. Oh, the tomato mozzarella is called Insalata Caprese (sp?). Don't know if it is too late, but here are some ideas:

Antipasti
Caponota
Tiramisu
Italian Cheesecake
Cannoli (I may have a recipe with pistachios or dipped in coffee?)
Aroncini
Ravioli Nudi (naked ravioli - these are sooo good)
Chocolate Biscotti
I have a recipe for an artichoke garlic type bread spread - have to go thru my recipes
Toasted ravioli as an appy - but that may be too much pasta
Mozzarella Martini (have a recipe, haven't tried it. No alcohol - appy)

Here is a link with some great-looking desserts, etc. (I would go with the cheese cake):

http://www.easyitalianrecipes.com/it...t-recipes.html

Forgot one: Hope I can find the recipe - it's an appy of eggplant with a cheese filling - like a rolatini (sp?)
Old 02-20-2006, 07:36 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Hi Mish! I'm glad to see you again. And it's not too late for your suggestions - thank you! My Pampered Chef party is on Saturday, March 4th. So Insalata Caprese it is then. I've never made tiramisu or cannoli before and sure would love to try them. I also have an incredible artichoke dip but would love to try yours (if you can post the recipe when you get a chance). I've decided to go with a type of cheese cake with fresh berries for dessert. Gab at ya soon.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:39 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
sounds wonderful,it should be a big hit :)
Old 02-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Thank you, Dina.

Still looking. Your dish sounds way better. BTW, what is a Pampered Chef Party? TIA
Old 03-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #28
Master Chef

I'm being boring, but with pasta I do pretty much what a lot have already said: a big green salad with great olive oil and vinegar. For a first course, I do an intepasto platter; heavier on fresh & pickled vegs (artichoke hearts, peppers, etc) than the salami and cheese. This first course lets the cook, maid, and head bottle-washer to actually sit down and enjoy her company for awhile. For desert, it depends upon the guests. I'm a lazy desert person; definitly not a baker. So if I have sweets lovers, it is ice cream with liquer or something resembling a trifle (layers of cake, liquer, fruit, and whipped cream); for people whose tastes are closer to my own, it is port, fruit, cheese and nuts.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Mish,
A Pampered Chef party is basically a kitchen show to demonstrate how the cookware and kitchen tools work, recipes are prepared using the cookware, etc.

I am so sick today I may even have to cancel the party for Saturday and skip work tomorrow. Blah! I hate flu season.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #30
Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dina
Mish,
A Pampered Chef party is basically a kitchen show to demonstrate how the cookware and kitchen tools work, recipes are prepared using the cookware, etc.

I am so sick today I may even have to cancel the party for Saturday and skip work tomorrow. Blah! I hate flu season.
Awww...

Drink lots of fluids and rest up... maybe you can feel better by Saturday?