What Will You Make for Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our Christmas plans are still in flux as all the travel plans and work schedules get finalized. Usually Christmas Eve is Ham and other assorted goodies, and then Christmas day is dinner up with my wife's family a bit north of us.

This year, Sheila's sister is flying home from Arkansas, my brother is home due to work and wanting to be home for my neice to wake up at home for her first "real" Christmas (she was only 9 months last year, so this is the first year her folks are going all out for her to be home to experience Santa), and so on..

As such, Christmas Eve is looking like it might be an informal gathering with my Dad, us, and Sheila's sister. Probably with mostly appetizer stuff, and then a few days later we'll do the big dinner with my Dad and my brother and his family.

John

Since I didn't get to fry my turkey this weekend, we are doing it for Christmas. I'll probably make dh and boys favorites so there aren't too much leftovers. I'll definately make the sweet potatoe casserole just for me:mrgreen:

We'll def. be having ham. I've requested ham recipes in the pork forum.....please share.
Here's a rundown of what we'll probably have but I'm sure I'll make some changes.

Baked Ham
Baked Apples
Dressing
Green Beans with bacon/onions
Scalloped Corn
Twice Baked Potatoes
Candied Yams
Broccoli Casserole
Deviled Eggs
Dinner Rolls with Strawberry Preserves
Relish Tray
Chocolate Pie
French Apple Pie

Last edited:
We'll be having brunch at my parents & I normally make ham & cheese quiche & assoted mini muffins. At my in-laws, my FIL will be doing all the cooking. He's making a stuffed pork loin & a roast of some sort. The pork loin will be stuffed with spinich, goat cheese, & roasted red peppers. Don't have a clue what else he's making.

For Christmas this we are starting by preparing 250 to go boxes for the homeless, needy and shut ins. A local ministry is coming by and delivering the boxes for us. The boxes will consist of smoked turkey, green beans, yams, dressing, gravy, a dinner roll, and chocolate chip cookie.

Then, any one of the folks volunteering who want to stay and share Christmas dinner with us, we'll be adding to that a ham, silver queen corn, a chocolate cake, and 2 triple layer eggnog pies.

And I wish y'all could all come and share with us too!

Merry Christmas!

You know I honestly think we will be having food!

Cameron

I know this line is OBE, but a few months ago, several we were walking down the street with several friends, and as we strolled, each of us picked a holiday. So all I had to do for Christmas was make the mashed potatoes (the friend in charge of Christmas dinner made a wonderful standing rib roast with all the trimmings. Just thinking of it now makes me salivate with pleasure). I chose thanksgiving, and others chose new years and ... well, we all did our share of hosting. For some holidays people couldn't be there, and it was fine (for example, some of us have large extended families and were doing their own thing). But we pretty much stuck to it, so it wasn't an enormous overload for any one person. So far the only "big" Christmas meal I had to make was Christmas eve for just a few friends, and it was tourtiere with trimmings.

Christmas dinner was...
Leg of lamb
Potatoes roasted in the lamb juices
Rice with bay berries
Greek Green beans and tomatoes
Greek Salad
Greek bread
Hummas
Olives
feta
Greek bread
and