What's cookin' for Easter Dinner, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pineapple ribs, cheddar chipotle potatoes and macaroni salad.

Attachments

• rib dinner Easter 2011.JPG
    rib dinner Easter 2011.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 156
Roasted turkey

img_993376_0_14a1ec33806eeb5e40ce6c61430c5324.jpg

Roasted turkey, stuffing/dressing, mashed potatoes (red & Yukon, butter, sour cream and chives), gravy, steamed fresh asparagus (topped with butter and fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses), sautéed mushrooms, homemade cranberry & tangerine relish and canned cranberry sauce.

img_993376_1_5c7e265c0a8fa551920ed23c247968b3.jpg

Cheesecake

img_993376_2_6ac68672558191e48d9d23e91e00629d.jpg

Slice with cherry topping

img_993376_3_c330f77c1f6d24c331e5066b3f7d8d65.jpg

Salmon was tasty! I decided to
sauté some Brussels sprouts to go with the creamed potatoes and peas and the spring greens salad.

Last edited:
Had trouble with my last post so had to add the pics here. Made a dressing for the salad with the juice of half a Tangelo,olive oil and salt and pepper.

Attachments

• image-1612718189.jpg
    image-1612718189.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 193
  • image-1339217193.jpg
    image-1339217193.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 192
The weather here is very unusual, the ave temp for April is between 10c-13c yesterday (Sunday) was 23c so we got the BBQ out.I boned a big leg(6lbs) of September lamb studded it with anchovies and garlic then marinaded it over night in olive oil and lemon juice. Max got the bone.
Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Thanks.

And great action shot on the grill, Bolas. Nice hunk of meat.

The turkey looks perfect, msm. Nice crispy skin.

Wow, everyone's dinner yesterday sounds so good. I loved seeing all the pictures ... I can't decide whose dinner I wanted the most ... probably a little bit of everyone's

I hope you all had a happy and blessed Easter with your friends and family.

We were at my SIL's ... she served a roasted pork loin, gravy, mashed potaotes, roasted carrots, asparagus with bread crubms and parmesan cheese and so many desserts, but my favorite was the cheesecake with cherry topping.

Thanks.

And great action shot on the grill, Bolas. Nice hunk of meat.

The turkey looks perfect, msm. Nice crispy skin.

Thank you PaC!

Wow, everyone's dinner yesterday sounds so good. I loved seeing all the pictures ... I can't decide whose dinner I wanted the most ... probably a little bit of everyone's

I hope you all had a happy and blessed Easter with your friends and family.

We were at my SIL's ... she served a roasted pork loin, gravy, mashed potaotes, roasted carrots, asparagus with bread crubms and parmesan cheese and so many desserts, but my favorite was the cheesecake with cherry topping.

Thank you LC!! WOW you also had cheesecake with cherry topping!! They just go so well together.

Some great food pics, they all look and sound delicious, my wife exercised the portion control so I ate well.

The weather here is very unusual, the ave temp for April is between 10c-13c yesterday (Sunday) was 23c so we got the BBQ out.I boned a big leg(6lbs) of September lamb studded it with anchovies and garlic then marinaded it over night in olive oil and lemon juice. Max got the bone.
View attachment 10689

View attachment 10690
That looks awesome!! Anchovies? Wow never would have thought of garlic and anchovies with lamb. What was in the marinade?

MSM, when the Lamb is cooked the anchovies will have melted into the flesh and they act as a seasoning. The marinade is just Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Oregano, Lemon juice.
I serve it with Mint sauce,boiled Jersey Royals and a Greek salad, for the mint sauce chop up lots of garden mint add malt vinegar, hot water, sugar to taste and leave in the fridge till cold.:)

Back
Top Bottom