"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Special Events Planning & Holiday Cooking

Old 11-14-2005, 04:27 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Where did you print it from? I'd love to try it too!

Old 11-14-2005, 04:28 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Oops you beat me to it! Thank you so much!

Old 11-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
You are very welcome!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:00 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
We just made the filling for our ravioli today, tomorrow we pick up 10 feet of dough and then we will make the ravs, freeze on cookie sheets then put in zip lock baggies til the water boils on Turkey day Sat. make the meat sauce and freeze that night, Also on sat I want to give making the bread for my stuffing myself just for the heck of it..I also the day before thanksgiving have to par-boil some yellow onion to stuff, stuffing all made and frozen (sigh) so the line up is
turkey,stuffing, ravioli and sauce, artichokes with parsley and garlic, homemade cranberry sauce, mashed taters and gravey, spinach salad, fruit salad, foccacia, salami, copa, cheese, appies not sure how many or the type yet...homemade rolls, pumpkin pie, mincemeat pie, chocolate pie, cream puffs..I know we are all nuts Thank heavens the girls and youngest son and pitching in to help...
kadesma, I think I've forgotten some things, but oh well..
As always, I will be going to kadesma's house for dinner. Sounds so delicious.

We will be having brined turkey and gravy. Mashed pots, crans, homemade cheddar & black pepper rolls, red chile (a must for a new mexican thanksgiving, dh uses red chile sauce instead of gravy),stuffing, and my to-die-for broccoli rice casserole (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...tml#post192810). Some kind of dessert but I haven't decided what yet. mmm I can't wait.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:36 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
As always, I will be going to kadesma's house for dinner. Sounds so delicious.

We will be having brined turkey and gravy. Mashed pots, crans, homemade cheddar & black pepper rolls, red chile (a must for a new mexican thanksgiving, dh uses red chile sauce instead of gravy),stuffing, and my to-die-for broccoli rice casserole (http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...tml#post192810). Some kind of dessert but I haven't decided what yet. mmm I can't wait.
The door is always open I'm not much of a baker, but I made the Fresh Apple Cake Constance posted, it has a cream cheese and butter frosting..My family just loved it and it was so easy the taste was wonderful...
kadesma
Old 11-15-2005, 01:28 AM   #16
Head Chef

Every year DH says we're running away for Turkey Day but I just can't bear that!

We'll have (probably just for DH and me and MIL and Auntie):

a BIG turkey because I don't know how to cook any other kind - stuffed with everything I can think of - I think I posted my dressing "recipe".
Sweet potatoes WITHOUT MARSHMALLOWS!

Peas and pearl onions in butter sauce

Mashed potatoes and turkey gravy

Homemade cranberry sauce

...thinking about that "to die for broccoli casserole"

Mince Meat Bits, Pumpkin Pie and whatever other desert MIL brings.

This IS my favorite holiday!

Hugs and happy Turkey Day to all of my dear friends at DC!

Old 11-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #17
Executive Chef

I made something yesterday that turned out very well. We were having a dinner at church last night - the turkey and dressing was furnished, but we brought side dishes. Since many of the people are old and don't cook much anymore, I ususally take at least 2 dishes, but last night took 3. I made a large pot of fresh green beans, a flan, but the one I hadn't made before was a sweet potato dish. I knew there would be lots of casseroles so I baked the sweet potatoes, then made a glaze of maple syrup, butter and chopped pecans. I cooked the sauce for a few minutes til it thickened somewhat then added the potatoes and glazed them - and let them soak up the mixture. I didn't have a shred left. I'm going to make them again soon for my family.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia
I made something yesterday that turned out very well. We were having a dinner at church last night - the turkey and dressing was furnished, but we brought side dishes. Since many of the people are old and don't cook much anymore, I ususally take at least 2 dishes, but last night took 3. I made a large pot of fresh green beans, a flan, but the one I hadn't made before was a sweet potato dish. I knew there would be lots of casseroles so I baked the sweet potatoes, then made a glaze of maple syrup, butter and chopped pecans. I cooked the sauce for a few minutes til it thickened somewhat then added the potatoes and glazed them - and let them soak up the mixture. I didn't have a shred left. I'm going to make them again soon for my family.
Great idea licia, I'm not much for marshmallows but love maple syrup and pecans..I've thought about some sweet potatoes for thanksgiving, but didn't quite know what I wanted to do..Think I'll try your casserole it sound really gret... Thanks for the idea.
kadesma
Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 PM   #19
Sous Chef

I made the Pumpkin Crunch Cake and it was delicious!!!
Gonna share this recipe with my Mom!
Thanks!
Old 11-21-2005, 01:24 PM   #20
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I'm glad you liked it RMS!