Whats the menu for your Easter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you decide on your Easter menu yet rickell?

I decided on smoked ham with a tangerine glaze ( found it on foodnetwork), the cubed potatoes that Jkath posted in the veggie forum, and probably broccoli.

Dessert is simple, chocolate dipped strawberries, but thanks to someone who posted in the fruit/nuts forum about having difficulty with regular chocolate sticking to the strawberries, another member posted about "dipping chocolate" which I did find today at the grocery store. I had the same problem with the regular chocolate. There is only two of us for Easter dinner, but I thankfully have been given many ideas on how to use the leftover ham!:)

licia said:
I haven't been able to come up with an idea for my Easter dinner salad. Everything I think about is too much or too different. I want the right thing to enhance the rest of the meal, but so far no conclusions.

I prefer a crunchy lettuce such as romaine, some fresh baby spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, red raw shredded cabbage, cucumber, cooked cold beets, chick peas, sharp shredded cheddar, and creamy italian dressing, but I think a warm balsamic and olive oil, with fresh cooked bacon would be really nice too, and fresh cracked black pepper. Just a suggestion, not sure what your looking for.

Your idea sounds delicious and I have all the ingredients. Since I couldn't decide on a salad, I bought some of everything possible almost to use in a salad.

licia said:
Your idea sounds delicious and I have all the ingredients. Since I couldn't decide on a salad, I bought some of everything possible almost to use in a salad.

Well since you bought some of everything, maybe set it out like a salad bar and let people add what they like, and just have the dressings on the side :chef: Suddenly I'm craving salad!:LOL:

licia said:
Great idea! That is exactly what I will do. That will make a very nice presentation also.
Happy Easter licia, we are just doing easy tomorrow. Ham with glaze, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, green salad and a fruit salad, rolls, and chocolate cake...It will be nice to just gather the kinds and grandkids round us and just enjoy wathcing the day pass.I did some eggs and will hide them fro Cade, Ethan and Carson to find, plus a basket each..It will be nice to hear their little voices. I hope your day is wonderful
kadesma:)

texasgirl said:
We're just having the normal. Brown sugar spiral ham, green bean casserole, cole slaw, rolls and I'm not sure on the dessert yet.
Hi Texas,
we're having a ham too. It will be nice to sit and watch the little ones hunt for eggs and baskets.I'm so lucky to have such a loving family to share a special day with. Hope your day is special too. Will be thinking of you :)

kadesma

Well my little one is now 15 and doesnt do the egg dying and hunting darnit! Thats so fun, take pictures people! I did buy candy for her easter basket though :)

Kadesma, glad to see you on. I hope your Easter is a nice one with your family. The little ones really make a lot of fun with the eggs, candy, etc. I was telling my daughter that I was trying to find plastic eggs for my grandson to hunt = she said, "What about me, I want to hunt some too". Needless to say she is far past the age most people hunt eggs, but I suppose we all like to do something kid-like...and we all eat the candy, too.

$130 without wine pairings
$170 with wine

Amuse Bouche

Fresh Shucked Kumamoto Oyster
Wasabi Tobiko Caviar, Ponzu Mignonette

First Course

Choice of:
Puree of English Spring Pea Soup
Tasso Ham, Truffled Creme Fraiche

-or-​

Pan Seared Dayboat Scallops
Sweet Corn Ragout, Green Garlic Aioli

Second Course

Risotto of Spring Vegetables
Big Heart Artichokes, Chantrelle Mushrooms, Ramps, Spring Onions,
and Fiddleheads

Third Course

Next Generation Salade Nicoise
Fresh Bluefin Tuna Toro, Green and White Asparagus, Confit of Shallots,
Heirloom Tomato, Poached Quail Egg, Anchovy-Olive Vinaigrette

Entree

Choice of:
Roasted Rack of Dal Porto Ranch Lamb
Fava Bean Cassoulet, Caramelized Salsify, Rosemary-Cabernet Reduction

-or-​

Grilled Niman Ranch Dry Aged New York Steak
Spring Vegetable Ragout, Polenta Fries with Green Garlic Aioli,
Herb Butter, Three-Peppercorn Demi Glace

-or-

Pan Seared Black Sea Bass
Saute of Spring Vegetables and Mushrooms, Sunchoke Mousseline,
Ginger-Truffle Butter Sauce

Dessert

Spring Dessert Sampler
Cherimoya Sorbet, Rhubarb Tarte Tatin, Strawberry and
Pistacio Gelato Bombe

poor baby. working with the public = no holidays off, ever.

your menu is inspired, as usual. wish I could be there to tell the staff how great the chef is.

kadesma said:
Hi Texas,
we're having a ham too. It will be nice to sit and watch the little ones hunt for eggs and baskets.I'm so lucky to have such a loving family to share a special day with. Hope your day is special too. Will be thinking of you :)

kadesma

Make sure you give them a big hug for me and tell them to give YOU a big hug for me!!!!
I will be thinking of you too, please, have a wonderful day!!!!

To everyone one here with kiddos, I expect to see at least one of each one hunting eggs or an easter or passover picture!! Mine are too old and I really miss seeing the festivities!!
Hope everyone has a really great day!!!

Ironchef,

I would like the scallops, the rissotto of spring vegetables, and since I've had NY steak, I would really like the sea bass which I have yet to experience. Your menus are very unique :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom