What's your Easter Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had ham and asparagus with Knorr Hollandaise Sauce.

I used Knorr on my asparagus too PF. The packets were on sale for a buck each! Since I was doing the "no peekie roast beefy", I cooked the well oiled and salted asparagus on my new griddle. Loved the method.:yum: IMO, asparagus should never be near water after it's washed.;)

Last edited:
I used Knorr on my asparagus too PF. The packets were on sale for a buck each! Since I was doing the "no peekie roast beefy", I cooked the well oiled and salted asparagus on my new griddle. Loved the method.:yum: IMO, asparagus should never be near water after it's washed.;)

Great price! I agree with your position on asparagus, closest it come to water in my house is if I steam it so Shrek can eat it.

I'll have to try the Knorr's, now that asparagus is at it's best.

One of my fave ways to have asparagus is chopped up in 1" pieces or so, sautéed in a little butter until crisp tender, then added to scrambled eggs or an omelet. Or without the egg, and just adding mushrooms and green onions to it for a side dish. I love asparagus!

....IMO, asparagus should never be near water after it's washed.;)
And because it's a free country, I disagree. :LOL: We've tried it roasted in the oven, grilled on the stove, grilled on the outside grill...and still like it best the way I do it.

I like to toss it in a 12" pan of rapidly boiling water. First go in the lowest 3rd of the stalks (once the tough ends have been removed), then the middle part, and finally the tips. That way each section cooks for just the right, IMO, time. I bet total time is three minutes for the bottom, a mere minute or less for the tips. Drain really good, and toss back into the pan that now has melted butter. Or toss in a bowl with grated Parma cheese right after it's drained. Ooo, I think I know what I'll be having for a snack soon...:yum:

I clean and rince mine then into a glass container no water added. Cover and microwave maybe three minutes. Then covered with melted butter and parm.

I'll have to try the Knorr's, now that asparagus is at it's best.

One of my fave ways to have asparagus is chopped up in 1" pieces or so, sautéed in a little butter until crisp tender, then added to scrambled eggs or an omelet. Or without the egg, and just adding mushrooms and green onions to it for a side dish. I love asparagus!

Omelet with grated cheese yum.

Back
Top Bottom