Your Xmas Table Decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonaskitchen

Senior Cook
Hi to everybody! I'm used to prepare a nice table for all occasions, expecially Xmas!
I'm looking for some new aideas and go around the web to find something on blogs.
What are you planning for your Xmas lunch or dinner? Flowers, candels, pines...? May I have some ideas?:cool:
Thanx, Simona!

We change ours every year.This year is a snowy uncovered wagon with two festive dressed people in it.

Last year was a big Victorian Santa and two large ornements.

We have also done some small silver Christmas tress and present confetti scattered.

We always remove them after guests are seated or right before.The table gets decorated as long as we have the other decorations out.

No table decorations, here. It's just the two of us and we spend 4-6 hours at the homeless shelter. Then we come home to our dinner, while we watch movies.

I usually use a low sided bowl filled with shiny ornaments (simple plain colors). Festive and no spoilage ;)

This year the table is decorated with a fairly ornate oval antique brass bowl filled with artificial ivy, pine, red poinsettias, red berries, red roses and red and gold glitter apples. There are gold metallic candles and a large red peacock-like bird draped near the center. The arrangement sits on a rather large round crocheted red doily I made just for the holiday.

The whole thing is quite massive, but so is the table. It's 54 inches across and has all the leaves in it, which makes it nearly 8 feet long.

It looks very festive and has just enough shimmer to catch the light. It will be removed when we have our meal.

Next year, I'm planning to use mirrors down the center of the table and displaying many of our silver pieces filled with greenery and lots of beautiful silver and cobalt blue decorations.

Hope these thoughts help.

We put large planters by the front door and load them up with Poinsettias. I over buy on them so that I can tuck them into my kitchen bay windows.

I make candles, I take a group of them and put them on a silver tray as a centerpiece. Sprinkle some Epsom salt ( fake snow) place small reflective ornaments around.

Make a few extra tapers for the dining room table. With cuttings from the tree, pine cones, and just the flowers from the poinsettias as the main centerpiece.

This one is my favorite.

img_949996_0_36133858d0ac81e2a6b3aeef5ef91d8f.jpg

img_949996_1_fe07bd74d58d224bd0070c34a4b35534.jpg

Thanx to all!!! Monky, your candels are wonderful!
Janet and 4meandthem, your suggestions sounds very interesting, I hope to be able to do something on my own.
PrincessFiona60, what you do is very beautiful, compliments!
Have a happy Xmas!
Greetings from Italy!
Simona

Merry Christmas over there in Italy to you too, simona.
Don't forget to tell Santa what you want :santa::wub:

Regarding decorations...my sister covers her chandelier
over her diningroom table with a White Feathered Boa
and then hangs red ball ornaments off the bottom.
The balls are kind of small to medium size and shiny red.
Looks like something out of Victoria Secrets Catalog :LOL:
Then she cuts fresh Green Holly with Red Berries from
her yard and lays the branches down the center of
her white linen table and places white candles in and
around them.

Wow, great decoration! At the end I only chose some berries and red xmas balls, white linens, white candles and kept the lighting very low. The atmosphere was simple but fascinating, as my guests told me!
thanx, gbreetings from Italy, simona!

Back
Top Bottom