Blackberry Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Blackberry Cobbler

. Makes 8 to 10 servings.

24 OZ Fresh blackberries
3/4 C Sugar
1-1/2 TBL Corn starch
Juice of 1/2 lemon

Topping
1 C Flour
3/4 C Sugar
1/2 TSP Salt
1/2 TSP Baking powder
1 Large egg
1 STICK butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to a low boil. Place 6 ounces of blackberries and lemon juice in a blender and puree. Add to the saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Put remaining berries in a bowl and carefully mix in cornstarch and sugar, trying not to break up berries. Carefully fold in the warm berry mixture. Spoon mixture into an 8x8-inch baking dish or pie pan.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add egg and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over blackberry mixture and drizzle with melted butter.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is a deep, golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream and good coffee.

I love blackberry cobbler! They are starting to bloom here. Hopefully I will have lots to make cobbler with.

Yes Rainee I will have two of these please one to eat now, and one to share with Barbara later ! :rolleyes:

Brad C said:
I love blackberry cobbler! They are starting to bloom here. Hopefully I will have lots to make cobbler with.

Brad, I'm looking fprward to the balckberries comming in too. I can't wait! My grandma has about 3 acres that is filled with blackberry bushes. Right now, it's almost completely white with flowers.

I'm soooo jealous. Though I love my Nothern location, and all of that gorgeous fresh water of Lake Superior, the leaves are just poking out of plants now. I have a few early spring bulbs that have been flowering for about a week. But it will be 3 months before I see raspberries or blackberries. It'll be the end of July, begining of August that blueberries will be available. But when they come, our Northern, low-bush blueberries put high-bush varities to shame for flavor. I have a freind who grew up down-state (that's below the Mackinaw Bridge for you non-Michiganders, you know, where the trolls live :rolleyes: ) who has flat stated that she was so surprized that she couldn't pick blueberries at chest-high levels, but that the berries she grew up with weren't even close in flavor quality to our wild berries. But I have to wait so long.

Ah well, that's just the way it is.

Oh, and Rainee, send me one of those coblers, virtual cobler of course, chilled in dry ice, across cyber space. The recipe sounds deliscious.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Frozen blackberries would be a good subsitute.

True, but when you pick your own, especially from the wild, they are so much sweeter, and with a more pronounced flavor. The comercial varieties are so over-watered that their flavor is diluted, sacrificed for size. I'll just wait for the good stuff. Though canned might work. Hmmmm.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hello all, I need a little insight as to what I can do to make a cobbler juicer after it has been cooked. I welcome any and all suggestions....lol I love fresh blackberries crewsk. My grandmother and I use to pick them every summer...that was our thing that the two of us did alone...was so much fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom