"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cobblers & Crisps

Old 03-24-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
Cook

Blackberry Fool

300 g blackberries
1 tbsp honey
1 cup cream
2 tbsp yoghurt
extra whipped cream (optional)

1 Purée the fruit and honey until smooth. There should be about 1 cup of purée. Reserve 3 tablespons of purée for garnishing
2 Whip the cream until stiff. Fold in the yoghurt and purée and pour into individual serving dishes. Chill well. Serve garnished with the reserved purée and cream.

Serves 4-6

Old 03-24-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Hummer you've got me wishing that blackberries were in season here right now!! I can't wait to try this, thanks!

Old 03-24-2005, 09:52 PM   #3
Cook

Sorry, I forget that I'm in a different season down here. But it is worth the wait, especially if you pack it in a chilly bin and sit and eat it on the beach.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:59 PM   #4
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I'll just have to settle for eating it at the lake. The beach is about 5 hours away from me. I can't wait to get the kids out & picking blackberries again! They always eat more than they pick though! Luckily I have access to some well fertilized blackberry plants(about 3 acres of them). My uncle has cows in the fields where they grow & he moves them to another field when they are in season so we can pick them without having to worry about getting run over.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
Master Chef

I was surprized at this recipe as I have one called a rasperry fool. This one looks like a winner though. I'll make a different post for the raspberry fool recipe later tonight. I have been wanting to make this recipe for a long time now. I might just have to make it after payday (when I can again afford to buy some groceries).

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None