Easy Peach Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
Ok......I did it. I just made a really good peach cobbler. Now keep in mind I'm not a baker and most attempts end in a flop so I'm thrilled I found a recipe that I can make.

I did a search and got a general idea of what to do but I added a few more spices to mine.

Peach Cobbler

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a bowl mix together the following ingredients together and then pour the batter into a 8 x 8 glass baking dish thats been sprayed with non-stick cooking spary:
1 cup Bisquick Mix
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/2 cup margarine, melted
In a seperate bowl mix together 15 fresh peaches that have been skinned and sliced and 1 cup sugar or one large can of peaches that have been drained well. Pour the peach mixture over the Bisquick mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm over ice cream.

It looks like the same recipe I use except mine says to melt the butter and leave in the pan before adding the other ingredients. I don't know why. It is very good though.

I just made the same thing yesterday, though my recipe is a bit different. I tried this time going very light on spices (just a touch of cinnamon) and added crushed pistacchi. That was really delicious!!

Also, if you don't have any personal problems with butter, try with it next time instead of margarine... it makes a world of difference:chef:

urmaniac13 said:
I just made the same thing yesterday, though my recipe is a bit different. I tried this time going very light on spices (just a touch of cinnamon) and added crushed pistacchi. That was really delicious!!

Also, if you don't have any personal problems with butter, try with it next time instead of margarine... it makes a world of difference:chef:

What is pistacchi? I was debating between the butter and margarine and the good girl in me won out :angel: . Hopefully next time the bad girl will rear her ugly head :) .

Your welcome Sierra!

SizzlininIN said:
What is pistacchi? I was debating between the butter and margarine and the good girl in me won out :angel: . Hopefully next time the bad girl will rear her ugly head :) .

Your welcome Sierra!

Oops, I forgot in English they are called in singular form, "pistacchiO", even when they are talking about a bunch of nuts.:-p I have seen in the US they are often died in magenta red colour and sold still with the shells on for snacking, but the original nuts have a green shade and look like this...
img_293255_0_be685e271890b6a0d3fa511138cf81b2.jpg

Also, don't beat down on butter so much, actually the fat content of solid margarine is just the same as butter, plus hydrogenated vegetable fat is absolutely no healthier than milk fat that butter contains. Either butter or margarine are, when you are concerned about your health, to be consumed in moderation, well, if they are equally guilty, why not go for the flavour when you need to make a choice?:rolleyes:

urmaniac13 said:
Oops, I forgot in English they are called in singular form, "pistacchiO", even when they are talking about a bunch of nuts.:-p I have seen in the US they are often died in magenta red colour and sold still with the shells on for snacking, but the original nuts have a green shade and look like this...
img_293393_0_be685e271890b6a0d3fa511138cf81b2.jpg

Also, don't beat down on butter so much, actually the fat content of solid margarine is just the same as butter, plus hydrogenated vegetable fat is absolutely no healthier than milk fat that butter contains. Either butter or margarine are, when you are concerned about your health, to be consumed in moderation, well, if they are equally guilty, why not go for the flavour when you need to make a choice?:rolleyes:

I had my first pistacchio last year when I was at Whole Foods Store with my brothers, sampling things I'd never had before. I really liked them. Do you have to do anything to them in preparation for a dish? Do you toast them or anything?

I buy them already shelled, I just put it in a mixer and give it a spin to crush them but not so far as to make them into powders.
I don't usually toast them, as they already have pretty intense flavour as they are, but when we make pistacchio ice cream (which is very popular here in Italy, really really delicious!!), we soak them in boiling water for a couple of minutes, then take off the outer brown skin. This is a bit tedious and not exactly necessary, but it gives the ice cream a beautiful green colour.

I'll have to pick some up at the store and try them out on the family raw and in some dishes. Thanks for the reminder.

Peach Cobbler

SizzlininIN said:
Ok......I did it. I just made a really good peach cobbler. Now keep in mind I'm not a baker and most attempts end in a flop so I'm thrilled I found a recipe that I can make.

I did a search and got a general idea of what to do but I added a few more spices to mine.

Peach Cobbler

In a bowl mix together the following ingredients together and then pour the batter into a 8 x 8 glass baking dish thats been sprayed with non-stick cooking spary:
1 cup Bisquick Mix
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice
In a seperate bowl mix together 15 fresh peaches that have been skinned and sliced and 1 cup sugar or one large can of peaches that have been drained well. Pour the peach mixture over the Bisquick mixture.

I cut the butter down to around 4 to 6 Tbsp. and that's plenty for me. Then melt that in the bottom of a 2 qt. baking dish, then the batter over that, not stirring, peaches spooned carefully on top the batter, and any juice carefully poured over it all. You don't want to stir it then, but pop in in the oven, and wait with the ice cream to add to the top of it while it's still warm. I love good peaches....not the hard ones, but just good peaches with plenty of flavor. Love going to an orchard and picking really ripe ones, so that when a person eats them they are so juicy, and good the juice will run down your arm if you let it. YUM!!! Delish!!;) You can use the same recipe for other fruits as well.

Thank you SizzlininIN!

I want to make this peach cobbler.
I think my family like this food a lot! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
yummo yummo yummo, from your sweet mind to ours
thank you thank you thank you
can't wait to try this, but not home now, so, it'll have to wait a spell, wish dh loved peaches as they are so dang good and plentiful right now

Peach Cobbler

1 cup Bisquick Mix
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup milk (I used 2%)
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground allspice

I'm in Mexico. and I think I'll try your recipe, with a few changes, for fresh Mangoes

What is Bisquick? or a UK alternative?

I have a similar recipe that doesn't use bisquick:

For the cobbler:

1/2 cup (1 stick)of butter
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup of milk

For the fruit:

1 can (28 ounce) peaches in heavy syrup,
OR

2 cups of fresh sliced peaches
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water

1 tablespoon cinnamon (for sprinkling on top)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Put the butter in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish and plce in the oven until the butter melts. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the flour and sugar and stir in the milk. Pour the batter on top of the melted butter.
If using fresh Georgia peaches, put fresh sliced peaches, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, recuce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Spoon fruit on top of batter and then slowly pour the liquid on top of that. Be careful not to mix the fruit INTO the batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Batter will rise to the top while baking to make an amazing crust!

Back
Top Bottom