How do you heat up cobbler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Going to attempt to make a rubarb cobbler either tonight or tomorrow morning. Will serve it probably late tomorrow afternoon How do you heat it up. Do you just stick it in the microwave? Or is it better to make sure it's heated up in the oven. I assume most people eat cobbler hot right? thanks so much. I really appreciate the help. Having a last minute cookout tomorrow.

you can reheat in micro. or i would in the oven at very low temp. the topping or pastry will remain crisp in oven, not so much in micro and can make pastry tough. if i reheat only one serving, i do in micro. in small bits of time.

I hope you've got a good recipe you're working from. Rhubarb is very sour and needs 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar for every pound of rhubarb. Personally I like rhubarb or gooseberry pie and cobbler (sour fruit desserts). And I agree with the others... use the oven to reheat to avoid a soggy crust or topping.

Enjoy!!!

thanks!!
I think this recipe calls for 4 cups of chopped cobbler and a cup of sugar

do I have to put the cobbler in the refrigerator overnight?

My Rhubarb cobbler just got done cooking in the oven. I cooked it for an hour. It's 9:08pm now. Should I just leave it out on the counter until it's time to reheat again? Or do I have to cool it down and place into refrigerator overnight. I'm serving it late tomorrow....like 4pm ish. I'm guessing I'll have to cool it down and put into the refrigerator. But thought I'd check.

I'd cool it down before covering it. You should be able to leave it at room temperature same as a fruit pie.

I'd cool it down before covering it. You should be able to leave it at room temperature same as a fruit pie.

Wow I'm surprised. I was sure I was going to get replys informing to make sure I cool it down and place into refrigerator overnight. I'd rather leave it out on the counter since i'm serving it late tomorrow.

Wow I'm surprised. I was sure I was going to get replys informing to make sure I cool it down and place into refrigerator overnight. I'd rather leave it out on the counter since i'm serving it late tomorrow.

If you refrigerate it, the crust will get soggy.

I think it is best served warm - not hot. Leave it out on the counter and if you feel you must cover it, just cover loosely with waxed paper or even a dish towel. Remove cover and warm slightly in a not-too-hot oven (300?). I like it just warm enough to melt ice cream which is so good with a crisp especially rhubarb which can sometimes be quite tart.

Back
Top Bottom