ISO apple crisp storage info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
My husband and I are having a "discussion" on how to store apple crisp.
Should it be refrigerated or can it be left on the counter? Thanks for input.

Mine is gone before it gets a chance to mold, but if you're going to have it around more than a couple of days, it's best to refrigerate it.

I always refrigerate mine, too. If you don't like eating it cold, you can always pop it back in the oven (set very, very low, or just using leftover heat from whatever you made for dinner) before you eat it.

Refrigerate it. The cooked apples and the oat-ty topping are both extremely hazardous foods at room temperature. I don't like to eat it chilled, so I will warm individual pieces before consumption.

thanks, now i can tell him we are both right, i was worried about it going bad, being he's the only one that eats it, and he said it would be fine as long as its not there for a week. Needless to say i just made it last night (first time making it) and is only 1/4 of pan left. so iguess he liked it,and i don't have to worry about it going bad.

thanks, now i can tell him we are both right, i was worried about it going bad, being he's the only one that eats it, and he said it would be fine as long as its not there for a week. Needless to say i just made it last night (first time making it) and is only 1/4 of pan left. so iguess he liked it,and i don't have to worry about it going bad.

Uh, yes you do. A potentially hazardous food (cooked apples and cooked oats) sitting at room temperature for 24 hours is not safe to eat.

Back
Top Bottom