Peach/Almond Cobbler (small)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I hardly ever bake but I love the combo of fresh peaches and almonds.

This cobbler is super easy and delicious. I make it in my toaster oven to beat the summer heat.

Peach/Almond Cobbler (small)

• 4 tablespoons salted butter
  • 1 pound whole ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
  • 1/2cup granulated sugar (divided use)
  • 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract (divided)
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup half and half
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds for the top

1. Preheat the toaster oven to 350.
  2. While the oven is preheating, place butter in a 9X9” or 9" round dish to melt the butter. Remove from oven and swirl the butter on the sides of dish. Set aside.
  3. Stir together the peeled and sliced peaches, 2 tablespoon of the sugar, the lemon juice, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. of almond extract, and a pinch of salt in a bowl, and set aside while you make the rest.
  4. Whisk together the flour, the remaining sugar, and the baking powder. Lightly stir in the half-and-half and remaining 1/2 tsp of almond extract---small lumps are okay.
  5. Carefully spoon the batter over the melted butter in the baking dish, and DO NOT STIR.
  6. Evenly pour the fruit mixture on the batter and top with the sliced almonds.
  7. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and almonds are toasted.
  8. Serve with ice cream, or whipped cream.

Attachments

• P7210020[1].jpg
    P7210020[1].jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 411
This sounds like a French clafouti, with the fruit on top of the batter. DH would love it. I'll try to get to a farmers market this week to get delicious ripe peaches :yum: Thanks for posting.

No eggs in this GG but after investigating, I'll give a French clafouti a try sometime.
Make sure you smell those peaches..as you know, if they don't smell like peaches they won't taste like peaches. ;)

hmmm this sounds sooo good!

But I've almost given up on peaches and plums. The few times I get good ones is ruined by the many many times I've gotten mush or cardboard. Montreal is not that far from the fruit belt of Niagara. You'd think the grocers would carry better. I have so many nostalgic memories from growing up in Hamilton and the fruit we would get.

My bro and Grandma checking out the peaches in the backyard. Cira '39/40.

Attachments

• Mother Williams, Peaches are ripe.jpg
    Mother Williams, Peaches are ripe.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 184
Thanks for the recipe! I too love almond and peaches, and almond and any kind of cherries. This is a good year for apricots in my town and I have had promises of harvesting apricots from 4 people. Hope something comes through! We had a long cold spring that delayed apricot trees from flowering, until after the freezes. I'm going to try this recipe with apricots.

I have some cherries that need eating, might try to sub along with whatever else I find. I've been drooling ever since I read this recipe!

Kayelle, this sounds really yummy. Sadly, the grocery stores around here aren't getting good peaches in this year (last year's were soooo very good), and I never get out of the house early enough to hit the farmers markets. Many of them close by are over by noon.

Or, dragn, you could always use a T&T recipe for cherry clafoutis.

Classic Cherry Clafoutis

Or, dragn, you could always use a T&T recipe for cherry clafoutis.

Classic Cherry Clafoutis

Funny story, well a chuckle at least. I have several people who are sensitive to wheat/gluten. I try to have some recipes on hand for them and one was a brand new posting of cherry clafoutis from the blog No Gluten, No Problem.

I made it 3 times thinking I was doing something wrong as it wouldn't set. It was delicious but liquid. My girlfriend (who is not a big kitchen person) said shouldn't there be eggs? Finally another woman and I e-mailed him with our problem. Sure enuf, he thanked us and corrected the mistake of the missing eggs. I've made it twice since but think I really sorta' like the slurpy one! LOL that's a while back 2014 or 15 I think.

Back
Top Bottom