Peach Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Peach Cobbler

Ingredients:

6 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (or 2 1/2 to 3 cups of canned sliced unsweetened peaches, drained)
1¼ cups sugar (divided use)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 to 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup milk

Directions:

Mix fruit with 3/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.

Put the butter into a heavy, 9-inch square baking pan. Place the pan in a cold oven and turn the oven to 400 F.

While the oven is heating and the butter is melting, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Stir vanilla into the milk, then add this liquid mixture to the flour mixture, stirring only until the ingredients are blended. Do not overbeat.

Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven. Pour the batter over the hot melted butter. Spoon the fruit and any juices over the batter. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown. During baking, the batter will rise to the top. Serve hot or warm. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

That sounds very delicious. That is the method that my grandma used to use, only she almost always used blackberries.

I also have a recipe for a peach pie that has a cookie/almond/butter struesel topping that is "to die for" if anyone is interested.

pEACH pIE

hEY Cook= love, I would love to have recipe, that you were refering too. The almond, stusel topping sounds very good.

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE, SONGBIRD :LOL: :LOL: :P

Back
Top Bottom