Peach Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
I found it for you
I'd already posted it
hope you enjoy it!

This is my favorite. Hubby loves the bread part so I always double that.
It's a Betty Crocker recipe.

Peach cobbler
4 cups sliced peaches ( I always use home canned...never tried frozen but I think they'd work just fine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn startch
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ( I use a little more and some times add some nutmeg instead)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons shortening ( I always use real butter)
1 cup AP flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar ( I use two)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees
Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a 2 quart sauce pan.
Stir in peaches and lemon juice. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for one minute longer.
Pour into ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Keep mixture warm in oven.

Cut shortening into the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in milk. Drop dough by six spoonfuls on to hot peach mixture.

Bake until topping is golden brown. 25-30 minutes.

serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

If you double the bread ... use a bigger baking pan or the juices will overflow. WHAT A MESS! lol!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
rofl.gif

Last edited:
ok.... I'm grounding myself!
I'll be sitting in the corner all dang day with a big DUNCE cap on. And NO COFFEE!! There that's a good punishment!!!!!

HOW COULD I FORGET THE PEACHES??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

pdswife said:
ok.... I'm grounding myself!
I'll be sitting in the corner all dang day with a big DUNCE cap on. And NO COFFEE!! There that's a good punishment!!!!!

HOW COULD I FORGET THE PEACHES??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe you had just finished watching one of the Richard Gere films?? Then you have a good excuse for the absent mindedness...:LOL: :LOL:

oooh Trish don't be so hard on yourself... we all do things like that... just the other day I put a coffee maker on without putting any coffee grounds... :ohmy: now that is some sharp mindedness!!:LOL:

urmaniac13 said:
oooh Trish don't be so hard on yourself... we all do things like that... just the other day I put a coffee maker on without putting any coffee grounds... :ohmy: now that is some sharp mindedness!!:LOL:
Now Licia,
don't be hard on yourself, I do that too, but, if anyone notices, I just tell em I was making hot water for tea:ROFLMAO: A blad face lie but it fools em everytime:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom