Pumpkin Bread Pudding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef
This turned out even better than I thought it might... I think chopped pecans would make it even better...
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
1 pound French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 quart half-and-half
6 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 large can (29 ounces) pure pumpkin
2 cups golden raisins or dried cranberries
1 stick butter, melted
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons vanilla

Butter 10 x 15-inch baking dish. Heat oven to 350°.
Pour half and half over bread cubes; set aside. In another bowl, combine eggs, sugars, pumpkin, raisins, melted butter, spices, and vanilla; blend well. Pour pumpkin mixture over soaked bread and stir to blend.
Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes or more until set.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream or favorite dessert sauce.
Serves 16.

Sharon, what is a pound of french bread? One long loaf?

Constance, would you please post your recipe for a rum sauce? Might be guilding the lily (as my grandmother would say), but I'm good with that!

Lee

I think a rum sauce would be great. We're serving it with a Butterscotch Sauce for our ladies' luncheon on Tuesday.

Yes a pound of French bread is a long loaf. The ones I buy are labeled by weight, so that's why I put it that way. :)

OMGoodness, this sounds so very good. As for gilding the lily, might not rum-butterscotch sauce be nice?! LOL. It looks wonderful, I will be trying this in the future for sure.

Finally, a good mixture of pumpkin flavor with bread pudding. Thanks a bunch SharonT! You've just added an extra option to my listed of Thanksgiving dessert possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom