Raspberry Slump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raine

Executive Chef
Raspberry Slump

Serves 6.
Slumps are similar to cobblers, but they're topped with soft dumplings that cook into the hot fruit.
2 pints fresh raspberries (or blackberries)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dumplings:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup light or heavy cream
COMBINE raspberries, 1/2 cup sugar, water, lemon juice and cinnamon in a 9-inch, heavy skillet with a domed lid (or use an upside-down pot as a lid).

COMBINE flour, remaining sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add cream. Stir just until mixture forms a soft dough.

COVER skillet and heat berry mixture to boiling over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Drop tablespoons of dough over the top of the fruit. Cover and simmer until dumplings are set and tops are dry, about 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm.

Yummy!
Can I make it with blackberries instead? Paulie likes those much better.

I really like the sound of this Raine. The ingredients are simple and readily on hand/available, plus it's not complicated. We have both raspberry and blackberry bushes and, although not enough fruit from them this year (only put them in last year) to prepare this dessert, I printed your recipe out and will have it on file for next Summer. Thanks!

Hey Rainee, where are ya? Been a long time. Miss seeing you & your posts. How's the new business going?

Back
Top Bottom