"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cobblers & Crisps
Old 07-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #11
Ogress Supreme
Site Administrator
I have to remember that line...thanks Aunt Bea!

PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
Executive Chef
Site Moderator
Thanks, Aunt Bea!
I will mind my manners and not hog all of it.

I used to be a racist, but I don't have much interest in it since Dale Earnhardt got killed.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement.
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I have to remember that line...thanks Aunt Bea!
Great line! Do we have a thread for old fashion sayings? If not, we should and this one should go at the top. Great one Aunt Bea!

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote

other, recipe

Save Me!!! Recipe Help [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]Hello Everyone!,[/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]This is my first posting ever, so I would like to thank you all so very much for having me.[/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]Okay,[/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]I've been driving myself nuts trying to locate a recipe for a dessert I had last Easter, and a few times when I was in boot camp. In fact, I'm craving it so horribly that I'm having dreams about it. Anyways, the issue that I'm having is that I don't know what the dessert is called- thus I am unable to find a recipe. [/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]The best way to describe the dessert I had would be to say that it was kind of like a thin layer of strussel filling topped with crumbs from a coffee cake of some sort. To the best of my memory, the fruity filling layer was rather thin, very sweet, kind of like jelly or strudel(or strussel depending on how its supposed to be spelled), and packed full of flavor. I don't remember it being chunky or having large pieces of fruit in it. The crumbs on the top were a fine layer as well, almost as to give the filling some extra texture if mixed in. There wasn't a crust that I can remember either. The topping reminded me of the top layer of a coffee cake-lots of crumbs, sometimes large crumbs.[/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]I've spent hours and hours looking through recipes, searching for different desserts. I've searched cobblers, crumbles, and crisps, but none of them looked anything like the dessert I'm trying to find. If anyone could lend a hand or point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful![/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]Thanks again,[/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman]Nick[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR] 3 stars 1 reviews