Strawberry/Blueberry crisp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie

Senior Cook
made this yesterday.. and it was quite good.. I like the layers, compared to just having the " crisp stuff" on top

Berry crisp

1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups strawberries. 1/2 cup blueberries ( could just use all strawberries, or whatever other fruit you would like, probably like blackberries, or maybe just all blueberries)

Mix together oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar. Add nuts. Cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl mix the berries and white sugar together. Butter an 8 inch square pan. Spread 1/2 the crumb mixture on bottom. cover with berries, then spread the remaining crumb mixture on top. Bake 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or till bubbly. great served warm with ice cream.. or cold with whip topping.. or just plain :)

enjoy! :)

Debbie said:
made this yesterday.. and it was quite good.. I like the layers, compared to just having the " crisp stuff" on top

Berry crisp

1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups strawberries. 1/2 cup blueberries ( could just use all strawberries, or whatever other fruit you would like, probably like blackberries, or maybe just all blueberries)

Mix together oatmeal, flour, and brown sugar. Add nuts. Cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl mix the berries and white sugar together. Butter an 8 inch square pan. Spread 1/2 the crumb mixture on bottom. cover with berries, then spread the remaining crumb mixture on top. Bake 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or till bubbly. great served warm with ice cream.. or cold with whip topping.. or just plain :)

enjoy! :)
Sure sounds good, gotta try - thanks for the recipe ! Wonder if you could use frozen berries?

Barb, I think frozen would be fine. Either add more flour to the frozen berries, or let them thaw first and drain off some liquid.

Back
Top Bottom