"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cobblers & Crisps
Old 05-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Senior Cook
Strawberry Cobbler

Has anyone ever attempted to make Strawberry Cobbler?

Jessica_Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Master Chef
I have never made it but, I saw a pretty good looking recipe for it on all recipes . com.

Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
I haven't either but it sounds goooooooooooood! ~~ Tell ya what Jessica...lets you and me try it and report to da troops....Deal????
There is only one Quality worse than Hardness of Heart, and that is Softness of Head.

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Senior Cook
Sounds Great To Me

I cooked a Strawberry Pie the other day like Shoney's Restaurant use to cook and it was absolutely amazing, I'll be posting a picture here in a few minutes.
Jessica_Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Executive Chef
I see no reason why not strawberry cobbler. Strawberries hold up very well in making jam, so you know they take heat well. I think you could adapt any cobbler recipe for strawberries.

Just my own idea, I like the idea of introducing tart tastes into sweet dishes like cobbler. I would consider adding finely sliced whole limes into a strawberry cobbler recipe. Yes this is totally off the wall.
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
Master Chef
I read "Strawberry Cobbler" and immediately went, "Oh my goodness!" as the flavors and textures of such a desert impressed themselves into my mind. I have had many deserts, many of which were extraordinary. But Strawberry Cobbler just sounds like such an amazing desert. I will be trying to create one soon. Thanks for putting the idea in my head.

I will post a recipe for strawberry pie that is over the top with strawberry goodness. It was taught to me by my DW shortly after we were married.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
Executive Chef
Buongiorno Jessica,

My Mom Eva used to bake a Fresh Black Berry Cobbler years and years ago. It was quite lovely. Of course, fresh Strawberries or Fresh Blueberries are lovely alternatives.

I enjoy fresh fragrant aromatic fruit desserts ... Look forward to your recipe and foto of your recipe ...

Ciao. Have nice week.
Margaux Cintrano.

Margi Cintrano is offline   Reply With Quote