Syllabub with seasonal fruits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ishbel

Executive Chef
Syllabub with plums and apples
The shops are full of Victoria plums at the moment – along with the first local apples – this is really nice and absolutely simple to make – looks really nice served in large wine glasses.:chef:
Serves 4
250g plums, such as Victoria
2 tart dessert apples, such as Discovery
4 tbsp clear honey
3 tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg white
142ml double cream (medium tub)
150g Greek-style natural yogurt
50g toasted, flaked almonds, to decorate

Stone and roughly chop the plums. Peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Place the fruit in a small saucepan with the honey and 4 tablespoons of cold water.
Cook the fruit for 5-8 minutes, or until it has softened slightly. Strain through a sieve, reserving the juice. Stir the sugar into the juice until dissolved. Place the fruit in 4 glasses and spoon a tablespoon of the fruit syrup over each. Allow to cool.
In a clean, dry bowl, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form, In a separate bowl, beat the cream and the remaining fruit syrup together until the mixture begins to thicken. Add the yogurt and continue whisking until the mixture just holds its shape.
Using a metal spoon, add a little of the cream mixture to the egg white and fold in. Tip this into the remaining cream mixture and fold in gently until evenly combined. Spoon it over the fruits in the glasses and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Decorate with toasted flaked almonds.

I bet it would look pretty too. I have no idea what kind of plums we have. I can buy either purple or red plums which would be closer to the kind you use Ishbel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom