50 Pounds Lost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
So sometime ago I promised I would post a photo once I had lost 50 pounds. That happened this morning. :)

Below is the before and after. Note that I have lost 8 inches from my waist. I look at the "before" photo and can't believe I had let myself go that far. :pig:

I also want to thank our "Team Keto" people here on DC for their support!

Now on to the next 40 pounds....

img_1409876_0_3e00b1a2fdfb280416313bd46c0729ed.jpg

Last edited:
So sometime ago I promised I would post a photo once I had lost 50 pounds. That happened this morning. :)

Below is the before and after. Note that I have lost 8 inches from my waist. I look at the "before" photo and can't believe I had let myself go that far. :pig:

img_1409878_0_3e00b1a2fdfb280416313bd46c0729ed.jpg

Great job Steve! Has your doctor reduced your meds any? I have lost a total of 70# now and Friday night, I increased my walking distance to about 3 miles. I know it isn't possible right now for you to get outside and walk, but I'll tell you my energy level has increased tremendously since I started walking. Good luck with reaching your goal! I'm still shooting for another 80#.

Last edited:
Nice going, Steve! Congratulations. You are turning into a shadow of your former self. Just one question: why do you look a little more "smiley" in your before than you do in your after? I'd be grinning my head off if I lost 50 pounds. Well, my equivalent of your 50 pounds.

Looking forward to your next update.

Nice going, Steve! Congratulations. You are turning into a shadow of your former self. Just one question: why do you look a little more "smiley" in your before than you do in your after? I'd be grinning my head off if I lost 50 pounds. Well, my equivalent of your 50 pounds.

Looking forward to your next update.

It reminds me of a phrase someone in high school said to our ecology teacher, "We would like to see a lot more of you, a little less at a time.":)

...Just one question: why do you look a little more "smiley" in your before than you do in your after? I'd be grinning my head off if I lost 50 pounds. Well, my equivalent of your 50 pounds.

Hah! Well, I did take a smiley photo, too, but that one came out kind of blurry.

Great job Steve! Has your doctor reduced your meds any? I have lost a total of 70# now and Friday night, I increased my walking distance to about 3 miles. I know it isn't possible right now for you to get outside and walk, but I'll tell you my energy level has increased tremendously since I started walking. Good luck with reaching your goal! I'm still shooting for another 80#.

Craig, that's awesome! I really hope you get to your goal. I still have another 40 to go, too.

My doctor wanted to prescribe meds when I was diagnosed with T2, but I asked him to give me some time to see if I could first get it under control on my own. So he wanted me to come back in January for a follow up. I didn't see any need. My blood sugar has been completely normal for the last two months.

You're right about it being too cold to do much outside activity, so I've been hitting the gym 3-4 days a week. I even started strength training and HIIT sessions as part of my New Year's resolution. It's unbelievable how much it's lowered my blood pressure. I thought for a while I was going to have to go on medication for hypertension, but not anymore. The only meds I'm taking now are vitamin supplements.

img_1409892_0_3e00b1a2fdfb280416313bd46c0729ed.jpg
Congratulations, Steve. Except that the big you looks happier than the smaller you at least, in these photos.:)

Congrats Steve! That's a huge accomplishment.

Congrats to Craig as well. I know how difficult it is to lose that much weight.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap!! Congratulations!

I lost 20 then put 10 back on, so my goal is 25 by June1.

You and Craig are very inspirational!!

Wow. Congrats....you don't look like you need to lose another 40.

I'll bet you feel soooo much better. DH lost about 90 lbs. and also can't believe it when he looks at old pics.

How long did it take? Being a newbie I don't think I was around for the beginning of your journey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom