8 Foods Even The Experts Won’t Eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well done - you bought the cover (up) story! ;)

I have no doubt that they are looking into CCD but that is hardly the whole story is it in light of what took place before them buying up the leading bee research company....notably,

- why would Monsanto ever mention that their pesticides were implicated in causing a decline in the bee population in the first place...hmm
eusa_think.gif
780422031.gif

Spare me your sarcasm and conspiracy theories. If you can't be civil, we can't have a discussion.

Exactly. I absolutely see your point about not being alarmed. I acknowledge that they may have lovely, ethical reasons for buying a bee research company. But, it does make me wonder.purely

I posted those two links to demonstrate that there were credible articles about that purchase. I have to wonder why someone would only post the non-credible links, when the two I posted were fairly far up the first page of the Google search results.

It doesn't even have to be for ethical reasons. It makes sense purely as a business decision for them to work to prevent CCD. Their whole business is dependent on sales to farmers.

Spare me your sarcasm and conspiracy theories. If you can't be civil, we can't have a discussion.
Excuse me??? Exactly where was I not civil?

It seems a poor excuse for not addressing the issue that you have to stoop to this false accusation.

It is NOT a conspiracy but a FACT that Monsanto bought up the leading bee research company AFTER the finger was pointed at their pesticides being implicated in a decline in the bee population. That you choose to undermine this and write it off in an underhand way could equally be seen as not civil (and quite mystifyingly derogatory) by myself.

Pause for thought maybe?

Last edited:
Source?

Just saying, if you're going to make claims like this after asking others to cite sources, you should probably cite yours as well.

The Natural News guy is a bit of a jerk. Using his "natural news" site to promote his political agenda. He's entitled to his opinion politically, but shouldn't use the site he built for Natural News to bash the president, as easy as it is to debunk most of that crap, but I digress. A lot of the health related stuff he talks about is spot on. So don't dispute his health posts based on his political agenda.

I didn't know anything about his political agenda until you mentioned it just now. He is anti-vaccine. If you think that's spot-on, there's not much we will agree on.

Why is Mercola unreliable and sensationalistic? Is it because they say things that the main stream doesn't agree with?...

Just because someone says something you don't necessarily agree with doesn't make them a liar.

People just need to start asking different questions.

Because he posts stories that are untrue with sensational, misleading headlines. Also because his site is littered with ads for his own products, which the FDA has repeatedly warned him about for making incorrect claims about them.

It's not just that I disagree with him; he promotes ideas that have no proof of efficacy or safety and makes money off of misleading people.

I also want to make it clear that my issue with him has nothing to do with osteopathy. My BIL and SIL are both osteopathic physicians. Their training is practically the same as that of allopathic doctors and they take the same board exams in their specialties. Just as with Dr. Oz, though, some doctors are led astray by fame and fortune.

Because he posts stories that are untrue with sensational, misleading headlines. Also because his site is littered with ads for his own products, which the FDA has repeatedly warned him about for making incorrect claims about them.

It's not just that I disagree with him; he promotes ideas that have no proof of efficacy or safety and makes money off of misleading people.

I also want to make it clear that my issue with him has nothing to do with osteopathy. My BIL and SIL are both osteopathic physicians. Their training is practically the same as that of allopathic doctors and they take the same board exams in their specialties. Just as with Dr. Oz, though, some doctors are led astray by fame and fortune.
There will always be those who branch away from their training (with a background of orthodox medicine or in alternative health) in the pursuit of making profit. That is not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Sensationalism is easy to see through and anyone with common sense would check out claims i.e. do a bit of research.

It's not for nothing that the alternative health is a growing industry. For example, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) successfully treats those suffering in depression (thus helping to cure the condition rather than pursue the common/dubious route of suppressing this condition via drugs). It may be easy to criticise some avenues of natural remedies but, overall, their correct application has been beneficial to countless numbers of people. Surely you see this?

Last edited:
There will always be those who branch away from their training (with a background of orthodox medicine or in alternative health) in the pursuit of making profit. That is not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Sensationalism is easy to see through and anyone with common sense would check out claims i.e. do a bit of research.

It's not for nothing that the alternative health is a growing industry. For example, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) successfully treats those suffering in depression (thus helping to cure the condition rather than pursue the common/dubious route of suppressing this condition via drugs). It may be easy to criticise some avenues of natural remedies but, overall, their correct application has been beneficial to countless numbers of people. Surely you see this?

Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work? Medicine.

https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Treatment/Psychotherapy

Cognitive behavioral therapy has a considerable amount of scientific data supporting its use and many mental health care professionals have training in CBT, making it both effective and accessible. More are needed to meet the public health demand, however. - See more at: https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Treatment/Psychotherapy#sthash.68ljsZL5.dpuf

Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work? Medicine.
Medicine treats the symptom not the cause. Therein lies the main difference between orthodox medicine and alternative/wholistic health practises; the former suppresses the condition whilst the latter offers a cure and with no (or certainly less) side effects!
icon_cheers.png

I'm not discounting the place and benefit of orthodox medicine but I see its limitations much more clearly than you seem to do...or perhaps you are unwilling to acknowledge its shortcomings?

(For the record I have a degree in psychology and did training to become a counsellor so I am familiar with psychotherapy).

Last edited:
Please carry on a discussion without tossing in inflammatory statements or this conversation will be shut down for comment.

This digression from the topic has gone on long enough.

Sorry, PF. I have just one more thing to say.

Medicine treats the symptom not the cause.

Therein lies the main difference between
orthodox medicine and alternative/wholistic health practises; the former suppresses the condition whilst the latter offers a cure and with no (or certainly less) side effects!

This is simply not true. I could give you example after example but it wouldn't make any difference.

I'm not discounting the place and benefit of orthodox medicine but I see its limitations much more clearly than you seem to do...or perhaps you are unwilling to acknowledge its shortcomings?

I have never claimed that medicine has no limitations. That's a red herring that comes from you, not from me. The fact that evidence-based medicine can't cure everything has nothing whatsoever to do with the safety or efficacy of any alternative idea.

Your willingness to believe in magical thinking is where you and I differ.

http://skepdic.com/magicalthinking.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom