Alternatives to grains and rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, Argamemnon. Breathing difficulties and shortness of breath are not the first symptoms that come to mind when you look at symptoms of celiac disease; if that's your problem, you're much more likely to have digestive system problems like gas, abdominal pain and distention, and constipation or diarrhea: Celiac Disease

Breathing difficulties and shortness of breath suggest to me conditions like emphysema, bronchitis, or congestive heart failure. Rather than try to diagnose and treat yourself, and perhaps allow your condition to worsen, I would see a doctor right away, describe your symptoms and see what they suggest. HTH.
Well, I have most of the other symptoms too. Unfortunately, my doctor didn't help me much when I saw him about a year ago. He did a blood test to see if I might have a thyroid problem, which wasn't the case.

Well, I have most of the other symptoms too. Unfortunately, my doctor didn't help me much when I saw him about a year ago. He did a blood test to see if I might have a thyroid problem, which wasn't the case.

Can you see a different doctor? If you really think it's celiac disease, you need to see a gastroenterologist anyway.

Yes, that's what I have to do, I just want to try if this works, eventually I'll go to the doctor.

Like I mentioned in my post earlier, it is better to get tested for celiac before you go on any type of diet because if you do cut out gluten and it helps, they will make you go back on it for at least 6 months before you can be tested and that can be really grueling. That was my husband's (and my) mistake on our diagnoses. It turned out he was celiac and I am not.

Like I mentioned in my post earlier, it is better to get tested for celiac before you go on any type of diet because if you do cut out gluten and it helps, they will make you go back on it for at least 6 months before you can be tested and that can be really grueling. That was my husband's (and my) mistake on our diagnoses. It turned out he was celiac and I am not.
Wow, six months? Thanks, I'll reconsider my decision.

Back
Top Bottom