"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 07-16-2010, 12:35 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

i saw a show about that area of greece and they said it was only partly due to their diet, which consisted mostly of locally grown veggies and raw goat's milk.

equaly or possibly more importantly, they conveyed the fact that most people walk everywhere instead of driving, and have very simple lives with little stress.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:10 AM   #22
Flour Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
How can you tell if anti-aging foods are working?
Interesting question, Andy (it seems it got lost in the scuffle). And if these foods add 10 years to our lives at the end who wants that?
Too bad the years can't be added on in the beginning when everyone wants to rock us, read us bedtime stories, and feed us milk and cookies.

And, buckytom, that makes perfect sense. Meanwhile, pack your bags and join kathleenA and I in the BlueZone of Greece! And don't forget your sunglasses because you'll be spending lots of time on those white sand beaches and cliffside cafe's while Ariana, a healthy "greek goddess", serves you a Greek wine called "Nectar of the God" (i'm not making up that wine ) and plenty of tasty Greek greens in olive oil.

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

i've got my inflatable ducky on, and nose all zinc'd up already!!!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
Flour Child

You certainly know how to impress the ladies, buckytom...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	giggling sunhat girls.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	8301  

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:44 AM   #25
Master Chef

As far as I know, there is only one cure for aging ... hmmm. If you aren't getting older, then, well, you're ..... 6 feet under. Eating healthy makes you feel better, but next year you are still another year older!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #26
Master Chef

What's with all of this laying in the hot sun eating Greek foods stuff? I'd much rather be enjoying the pristine waters of anywhere with pristine waters, swimming, scuba, water skiing, etc. Then when the paytime is over, it's time for the great, healthy, and delicious food, the back rubs, sitting cozy by the fire with that someone special (DW), and enjoying some hot cocoa, with a bit of cinamon and cayenne pepper. I odn't know if Greece has blueberries or not. We'll just have to import the little wonder berries from Michigan's Upper Peninsula and have blueberry rich deserts to complete our meals.

And the fish has to be cooked either over, or beside a smokey fire, and served as perfectly cooked fillets with a bit of sea salt. I'm thinking fresh tuna or salmon would be great.

Now who's bringing the music, and it better not be that Margaritaville song.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #27
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
What's with all of this laying in the hot sun eating Greek foods stuff? I'd much rather be enjoying the pristine waters of anywhere with pristine waters, swimming, scuba, water skiing, etc. Then when the paytime is over, it's time for the great, healthy, and delicious food, the back rubs, sitting cozy by the fire with that someone special (DW), and enjoying some hot cocoa, with a bit of cinamon and cayenne pepper. I odn't know if Greece has blueberries or not. We'll just have to import the little wonder berries from Michigan's Upper Peninsula and have blueberry rich deserts to complete our meals.

And the fish has to be cooked either over, or beside a smokey fire, and served as perfectly cooked fillets with a bit of sea salt. I'm thinking fresh tuna or salmon would be great.

Now who's bringing the music, and it better not be that Margaritaville song.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Greece has pristine waters and it's sunny and warm there. In addition to the fish cooked over open fires, there's souvlaki, shish kebab, dolmades, spanakopita and ouzo!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Greece has pristine waters and it's sunny and warm there. In addition to the fish cooked over open fires, there's souvlaki, shish kebab, dolmades, spanakopita and ouzo!
I'm up for all of that except the ouzo and lying around on the beach. I never could handle just lying in the sun. I've got to be doing something.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #29
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
... I've got to be doing something.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Sleeping and dreaming about all those other things I listed. That's doing something.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #30
Cook

Quote:
It's rather hot in Greece at the moment. This is current for Athens:

Athens, Greece Forecast : Weather Underground