Any way to make a low fat (and I mean loooow fat :) ) pizza??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We make pizza almost every week and controlling the fat content is simple. Limit the cheese. But don't eliminate it entirely.

Crust should be simple to make - use the same recipe you would use for french bread.
water, flour, yeast and salt. There is NO added fat.

Sauce - use a simple canned tomato sauce (the plain kind) and season with dried herbs. No fat.

Cheese - choose great lowfat cheese - just don't use very much.

Toppings - forget the meat. Use mushrooms, onions, artichoke hearts, red peppers, basil leaves, etc. Lots of flavor and NO FAT.

Cook on pizza pan using corn meal instead of oil to lube pan - no fat.

My main tip would be to use ingredients with strong flavors. I mean a slight sprinkling of pecorino romano has a lot more flavor than globs of mozerella, and if you're going to put meat on it, make it a strong flavored bit of ham rather than a glob of milder flavored sausage/pepperoni/ham. The problem with lots of veggies is that they can become water-y. So you wind up with soggy.

How about a whole grain tortilla with some slices of tomatoe then a few good salami and topped with a little fresh mozzerella. It can be microwaved for a tad just warm everything up.A little fresh basil chiffanade on top.
I do these when I want a quick lunch.

I also like these hybrid tortillas that Lucky Supermarkets carry.They are half corn half flower and come in white corn,yellow corn,green chili and chipotle flavors.

Back
Top Bottom