Anyone Use Almond Breeze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I just bought some chocolate almond breeze for the first time. So far all I've made with it is a yummy hot cocoa. I might try a chocolate peanut butter smoothie.

Does anyone buy Almond Breeze and what do you use it for?

I do! Just make sure you don't buy the unsweetened version. It tastes a bit . . . uh . . . unsweet. I like using the vanilla in baking, pancakes, etc. The chocolate never lasts in the fridge. The kids swill it faster than I can open it =).

I didn't buy the unsweetened kind either - the chocolate is delish in a hot cocoa. I'm going to try the vanilla almond breeze too but I was wondering what to use it for, besides smoothies. :)

Almond Breeze is almond milk. You can probably get it where you get soy milk (on the shelf, not the refrigerated section). I can get it anywhere, but I live in fuzzy bunny land (Eugene OR). I'm not sure how available it is elsewhere.

I picked it up at Trader Joe's. I'm sure Whole Foods probably carries it as well.

I don't use it, but a cousin of mine who I spend time with on a regular basis, uses it every day. She was recently here for a 10 day visit. We stopped in a Columbus Ohio Trader Joes and stocked up on vanilla and chocolate on the way to my place. She thinks she is lactose intolerant and uses it daily as milk on her cereal.

You can use it to bake chocolate cake (use instead of water or milk in the recipe). It intensifies the flavor. Likewise, chocolate chocolate chip muffins sound tasty.

I do buy the unsweetened chocolate version and use it in smoothies with an overripe banana when I don't want a sugar load; plenty sweet.

I make pancakes with the vanilla and apple sauce. They fast became a family favorite. They were awesome for camping griddle-flapjacks because nothing requires refrigeration.

Back
Top Bottom